300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaking on gun control

Here is best interview I have seen on gun control.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p3kUD6W8QaQ
    Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

or try this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8&feature=related
    Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Comment

Very good - especially the second one. It sort of gets the point across with the clever use of satire and comedy (anathema to liberals who lack a sense of humor).

Washington, DC has been a "gun free zone" for more than thirty years, and we all know how well it has worked there.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Those are both outstanding.

I have both of them on my myspace page.
        A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by farewelltonavy
          I have to say that this show is a pretty lame effort of Fox news to come up with a show to counter the daily show and the likes.. No wonder it got cancelled.

To be honest, I don't watch much TV -- and I have never seen "The Daily Show" or its Fox competitor. I only saw the YouTube video in the aforementioned post. By the way, that was a most excellent example of humor being best because it contains more than a kernel of truth!

And VA dutch, I am sure you know that just designating an area gun free doesn't mean the work is done for us, does it? Especially when is just too easy to drive up to MD and VA and purchase any kind of guns?

What I meant to say is that "Gun Free Zone" more often than not ends up with a situation where the bad guy is virtually guaranteed that his intended victims will be rendered defenseless and unable to resist.

WV has fewer 'gun control' laws than most states, yet is among the places with a very low crime rate - particularly in comparison to DC. Besides, why would someone from WV have to go to MD or VA to buy a gun? I don't understand that assertion at all. In truth, bad guys can purchases guns illegally almost anywhere; but the peaceable, law-abiding citizen is always the one who is punished when more and more laws are passed based on emotion instead of common sense.

VA has a "shall issue" law for concealed-carry and our instant background check precludes the three-day waiting period that some other states have; and we also have a much higher "gun to citizen ratio" than MD or DC......yet our violent crime rate is much lower than either. If "too many guns" were the problem, then our crime rate in VA should be much, much higher than DC or MD. WV probably has plenty of armed citizens as well.

The "District of Calamity" should be concerning itself with controlling their criminals -- rather than our guns and our Second Amendment rights. I find it ironic that Mayor Fenty and his predecessors always blame VA laws for the behavior or their recidivist criminals. This is not meant as a slam at you if you work for DC, and if you are a cop there....my hat is off to you for doing a thankless job. If you are from WV, then you're probably on the same side of the issue as most others who favor law & order and constitutional rights.

By the way, if the best argument DC can come up with to exempt themselves from the Second Amendment is "We are not a state!" -- their residents should be ashamed of all that taxpayer money being squandered on legal fees in their appeal of a court ruling.

-- Be safe out there and enoy this blessed holiday season! We still live in a (relatively) free country. --

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

those are great
            "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

I have to say that this show is a pretty lame effort of Fox news to come up with a show to counter the daily show and the likes.. No wonder it got cancelled. And VA dutch, I am sure you know that just designating an area gun free doesn't mean the work is done for us, does it? Especially when is just too easy to drive up to MD and VA and purchase any kind of guns?
              I guess it was cancelled because Fox news was trying to be what it is not - entertainment. It is news. Whereas the Daily show will never be news (it would fail), because it is entertainment.

Also, when the US becomes a "gun free zone" ......... and we can't stop anything flowing onto our soil from our borders, what will we do then??????
              Space for rent .........

Comment

Guys, watch their ACLU commercials. Most are on the right side, under the related part, but oh man those had me falling to the ground laughing.

"The ACLU, protecting criminals from people like you."
                "The ACLU, we let pregnant mothers do drugs, its their life."

Comment

I enjoyed this interview.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mjAef7DXVbI

Comment

Gun control laws that violate the constitution

I know a lot of you here emphasize the right to bear arms as a constitutional right, however it is a LE site, so..

How do you feel about the felon prohibition in regards to constitutional rights? If someone is a free citizen and not supervised in any way, why the lifetime ban? The Constitution certainly says nothing about this.

The loss of right to hunt game and protect ones self and family seems unfair to me, especially for those convicted of non-violent crimes. Opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by bigislander72 View Post
                      I know a lot of you here emphasize the right to bear arms as a constitutional right, however it is a LE site, so..

How do you feel about the felon prohibition in regards to constitutional rights? If someone is a free citizen and not supervised in any way, why the lifetime ban? The Constitution certainly says nothing about this.

The loss of right to hunt game and protect ones self and family seems unfair to me, especially for those convicted of non-violent crimes. Opinions?

Then don't break the law in the first place.
                      If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Ignored:
                      juicesnn4e2

Comment

Sure. Don't commit and/or be convicted of a felony and this becomes a moot point.

Next?
                        sigpic
                        Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                        And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Tenth Ammendment.

The US Government takes away the right to vote for a convicted felon, and the right to own a firearm. That's fine with me.

A felon can, if he shows good faith and is not convicted for a violent crime, get his rights to bear arms reinstated.
                          "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gene L View Post
                            Tenth Ammendment.

The US Government takes away the right to vote for a convicted felon, and the right to own a firearm. That's fine with me.

A felon can, if he shows good faith and is not convicted for a violent crime, get his rights to bear arms reinstated.
                            Please elaborate. I thought that the tenth was about limiting powers of the federal government. The voters rights for felons goes state to state, so it would seem to apply here, but the felon prohibition is not dependant on state.

So if you say the federal government does have the right to regulate firearms, then a move to outlaw all private ownership by the feds would be ok with you too? As you know, some lawmakers insist "well regulated militia" means armed forces, not private citizens.

Also, are you sure about the last statement you made? I thought that since the ATF was not given the funding for clearing felons to have their firearm rights restored this means that there is no way to gain rights back if convicted of a felony.

Comment

They had their chance to be law abiding citizens AND they had their day in court. Sucks for them. We all know what happens when you commit felonies.
                              Space for rent .........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3887 users online. 264 members and 3623 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X