300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Scanners

I'm looking for police scanners, and hopefully I'll actually be able to afford one soon. My instructor for the Cadet program was teaching county 10 codes, and he said the best way to memorize them was to be submerged like a foreign language.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't need anything fancy. Thanks in advance!
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

can't you listen to the scanner in your area online? Here

[ 05-24-2002: Message edited by: InSane1 ]
    Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

cadet, look on e-bay. i was able to get a handheld for $50 (runs about $180-$200 in the store) and have been extremely happy w/ it's performance.

p.s. your local radioshack should have a list of the frequencies for local agencies.

[ 05-24-2002: Message edited by: Legal Assistant ]
      This post has been rated PG-13 for your viewing pleasure.

Comment

Be sure you buy one with "trunking" capabilities. So many agencies are going to this now.
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by InSane1:
          can't you listen to the scanner in your area online? Here

[ 05-24-2002: Message edited by: InSane1 ]
          The link for live scanners on the site wasn't up, but I've tried other sites. The problem is that my county is not that large, so there aren't to many resources available. The only place I could find the frequencies was from the sheriff's website. But I will try Radio Shack. Thanks guys!
          If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

Wassup,

The best place is your local pawn shops, or radio shack. You can find some good deals if you look around. I have a Pro-43, by Motorola. Just make sure you get one with trunking capabilities. Every department had different ten-codes so make sure that you are listening to the department with the codes that you know.

jt welch

Comment

Umm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6801 users online. 376 members and 6425 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X