X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scratched13
    replied
    Originally posted by djack16 View Post
    This guy's license needs to be revoked permanently.
    There is nothing scientific about this stunt...it simply puts lives in danger and gets this guy media air time. I would hope I never meet this guy in person.
    I agree 100% and then some. Driving is a priviledge, not a right.

Leave a comment:

• oshphopeful
    replied
    "Hello, Newman/Haas/Lanigan? I think you should see this."

Leave a comment:

• djack16
    replied
    This guy's license needs to be revoked permanently.

There is nothing scientific about this stunt...it simply puts lives in danger and gets this guy media air time. I would hope I never meet this guy in person.

Leave a comment:

• velobard
    replied
    I saw this on the Wired website last month.
    http://www.wired.com/cars/coolwheels..._cannonballrun

He claims to have originally been inspired by this French short film from 1976:
    http://www.wired.com/cars/coolwheels..._cannonball_rd
    It's described as virtually a snuff film on wheels.

Leave a comment:

• scratched13
    replied
    This is nothing but evil. It all about him - no matter who else it puts in danger. Hope he meets a tree soon ..... and I hope that the tree doesn't get too hurt.

Leave a comment:

• LeanG
    replied
    Somehow, he made it through alive. But his day is coming.

Leave a comment:

• LeanG
    started a topic 'Cannonball' driver burned across US in 31 hours

'Cannonball' driver burned across US in 31 hours

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071116...t_071116214632

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Extreme sports fan Alex Roy said Friday he had smashed the record for the fastest "Cannonball run" across the United States, defying police and speed traps.
    ADVERTISEMENT
    click here

Alex Roy, 35, who waited a year to boast about his exploits and remains vague about the exact dates in a bid to avoid any prosecution, said he had blistered across 13 states in 31 hours and 4 minutes, breaking the old record by more than an hour.

Car enthusiast and rally driver Roy travelled the 4,496 kilometers (2,794 miles) from New York on the East Coast to Santa Monica, California, on the West Coast at an average 145 kilometers (95 miles) an hour.

At times though he reached top speeds of 257 kilometers (160 miles) an hour, breaking the previous record set in 1983 of 32 hours and 17 minutes.

The American driver of German origin set the record at the wheel of his blue BMW stamped with "Team Polizei" and traveled with a cameraman to document the event.

He also equipped his car with several GPS units, police scanners and radar detectors in a bid to avoid any speed traps.

"The GPS really is not that useful because there is only four tolls and maybe four turns between New York and LA. This is purely to calculate our speed and time," he told a television reporter.

He added that normally he's a very careful driver who has only been given one speeding ticket in the past five years.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6437 users online. 350 members and 6087 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X