Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you prefer writing a certain ticket?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you prefer writing a certain ticket?

My favorite was sitting in a school zone with a radar gun. Everybody would slow down to a creep than you could check to see if there brake tag or safety inspection sticker was expired. Never had to ever worry about going to court. If it was expired they had no defense. No useless court days. My pet peeve was DUI.
    Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

I just took it as it came. Traffic was NOT a main focus of the sheriff's offices that I worked for. However I did a LOT of "trolling for duces!"
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

My favorite that I write the most of is No Insurance. My favorite that I don't get to write too many of is Passing a School Bus while Unloading/Loading.

Drag Racing runs a close second
      RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

If I see a fire truck or rescue running code 3.... I will follow them... anyone who doesn't yield.... gets a ticket

Comment

Handicap parking violators. We're now able to cross reference the CT hang tag through NCIC which helps a lot.

Here's a question for NY... is there anyway to check who the NY H/C permits are issued to??
          There's one kid here who's family lives on L.I. but all their vehicles are registered in NC. And I believe the H/C permit was issued by Suffolk County (IIRC).
          " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Yeah, I had a favorite ticket to write....

a WARNING ticket!

-Sparky

Comment

When working motors it was red light violations. Anybody that has driven in Vegas wouldn't have to ask why.

Comment

I worked a lot of radar when I was on motors but I lived for those tickets that you know made other motorists cheer. I even had occasion to on-view a couple of street races from the bike. Sure made for some satisfying arrests.

My pet peeve now is suspended licenses. Pretty much without exception I tow their cars and I've been averaging a couple a week on my current shift.
                If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

My favorite tickets to write:

1. Excessively loud car stereos
                  2. ANY modifications where red lights are visible to the front, or blue lights are visible ANYWHERE on the outside of the vehicle
                  3. Street racers -- a growing problem in Southern California
                  4. Expired registration, especially on newer, or expensive, cars. If I gotta pay it, so do you. Expired reg often means unpaid parking tickets as well.
                  5. Any type of violation that results in the inconveniencing of other motorists, such as holding up traffic on a busy commercial street to make an illegal u-turn. The sort of violations that would make you say, "I wish there was a cop around to see that."
                  6. Red light/stop sign violations
                  7. Lack of insurance. Again, if I gotta pay it, so do you.
                  8. People who buy a new car (or a used one from a dealership) and never bother to put on license plates. I've come across cars that are still being driven with paper dealer plates FIVE years after they were purchased.
                  9. People who clearly live and work in CA (don't appear to be on vacation) but have out of state license plates. On a side note, if I someone I have pulled over presents me with an out of state DL, I ALWAYS run them through CA DMV, especially if they're driving a CA registered vehicle in their name. A growing "scam" here is someone loses their CA DL for some reason (DUI, excessive tickets, etc), then goes and gets another license from another state. What they don't realize is that once your CA driving privilege is suspended or revoked, merely getting a license from another state doesn't reinstate the privilege here.
                  10. While I would love to write more failure to yield to Code 3 vehicle tickets, the reality is that if I'm rolling Code 3 somewhere, I'm far too busy to stop and write someone who won't pull over for me. If I see it being done to a fire truck or an ambulance, I'll write it, but at my department we're discouraged from rolling Code 3 with them unless we're enroute to the same location.

I'm also big on utilizing CA's "30 day impound" law, which we can use on persons who are caught driving with a suspended driving privilege, no driving privilege, or are arrested for street racing. We keep their vehicle for up to 30 days, accruing daily storage charges the whole time. A vehicle kept for this long will cost upwards of $800 to get out of impound.

For the CA cops: what's the nicest/most expensive car you've ever impounded for 30 days? In my case it was a 2 month old, 2002 Cadillac Escalade

Comment

Unsecured child/safety seat violations. I'll drive to the far ends of the state to write those.
                    Remembering the drain plug really improves the boats performance and reduces panic among your passengers.

Comment

Any ticket I can!!
                      In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

I have to side with sig220, one of my first expired tags was a newer mercedes benz. Lady was PO'd but oh well, if you can afford your car, you can afford that ticket.

Comment

Being transit we have a ton of parking lots and literally thousands of cars on them. One of my favorite things to do when I'm on these lots is look for expired tags and confiscate them for the expired registration. There is definitely no shortage of them and it's more fun then the ticket.
                          In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

I like to write child restraints. I've been to too many wrecks where the child was tossed out. The poor kid doesn't know any better and is usually following mom & dad's example.

DUI's and any speed over 100 are also a favorite.

My pet peeve is window tint violations.

Comment

I'm with 207 on the handicapped tickets. Had a guy the other day parked in a handicapped space waiting on a 'friend'... w/o the requisite H/C tag/permit. Tried to use his one-armed buddy in the passenger seat as his 'excuse'.

The other ticket I love to write is for littering/dumping. Some folks have no qualms about dumping garbage on other folk's land, but let someone throw a cigarette butt onto their lawn, and they want the guy's cajones. Go figure....
                              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                              -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4414 users online. 317 members and 4097 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X