Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've never been more proud to be from Alabama!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never been more proud to be from Alabama!

Stand Up for America Rally Speech By: Beth Chapman

"When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

quote:
    After all, if they lived in Iraq, they wouldn't be allowed the freedom of speech they're being given here today.
    So, let me just make sure I've got you right here ... essentially what Mrs. Chapman is doing is saying "Hey'ya'll, I'm going to diss actors and musicians, and support our military with the message to those opposed to the war that they have our military to thank for their freedom of speech, but if they exercise their freedom of speech, I'm going to call their bravery into question."

Okay Mrs. Chapman, who never served in the military. Easy for you to say.

quote:
    but the United States Military who fought on the shores of Iwo Jima, the jungles of Vietnam, and the beaches of Normandy.
    I love it when things are this easy Thank you, Mrs. Chapman, for not having a research assistant. BTW: for a nice salary a year, I'll do it for you. At the very least, you should do a quick search on Google before writing your speeches (I think this is the easiest "take apart" I've ever had to do on one of Nick or Shooter's posts ... hah!)

What about Jimmy Stewart, who flew bombing missions over Germany in WWII? What about Julia Child (ok, ok, she was with GB's OSS)? Tony Curtis (US Navy)? Mel Brooks (Army Combat Engineer)? Ernest Borgnine (US Navy)? Kirk Douglas (US Navy)? Henry Fonda (US Navy - Bronze Star of Valor)? What of them, Mrs. Chapman? What of Audrey Hepburn, who as a child was a courier for anti-Nazi resistance fighters in Holland? There are many more. And, oh gosh, they were actors, and a few musicians. Someone's full of hot aiiiiiiir ...

Oh, right, "they don't count", I bet.

[ 04-21-2003, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: ciaj ]

Comment

I've gotta hand it to ya, ciaj.......you always know how to come along and spoil the mood, BUTT....I admire your info-gathering/retention abilities. [Wink]
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

Tell ya' what, Shooter, next time I'll give you a twelve-hour grace period to enjoy the mood

Comment

-

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4264 users online. 304 members and 3960 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X