Clear All

• equinox137
    replied
    Well said, L1

Leave a comment:

• L-1
    replied
    Originally posted by CrownVictoria View Post
    I have read the investigators reports first hand. I have also seen the video, the evidence, the wreck sight itself and talked with others within the Tennessee Highway Patrol Department. This was no accident and the District Attorney made a poor judgement call when he stated that the motorcycles tail lights were out of sight when the trooper turned his camera off. That statement will come back to bite him.
    I'm just curious. This event has been investigated by two different law enforcement agencies. Their findings have been turned over to a third, disinterested party, the District Attorney, who the people of that county have appointed as the person who gets to decide if prosecution is warranted. In turn, he has determined that the officer's conduct was within the law and the motorcycle driver's conduct was outside the law.

You may not like the outcome but that's what usually happens when a dispute comes to a head and someone in authority decides the matter, one side wins and one side loses. The side that prevails says, "Justice has been served," while the side that does not cries, "There is no justice."

Now that the District Attorney has made his decision, what specifically will satisfy you in this matter?

It is not my intention to be rude, but if you still think the District Attorney's decision was inappropriate, continuing to debate this matter on the internet does nothing to resolve things. Instead, it only seeks to infect others with your unhappiness. Now, there is a forum available to you that has the power to address the matter. It allows both sides to publicly present the facts as they see them, in full, and has the power to legally punish where appropriate. It is called a court of law. If you have standing in this matter and truly want justice, I would most respectfully suggest that you stop wasting time and energy arguing you case on the internet and file suit in civil court. There your can present your case to a judge and jury. The press and public can hear all the facts and the matter can be decided once and for all. Your attorney will screen the jurors to ensure they are unbiased and give your case a full and fair hearing. You will have your day in court. You will have justice.

But remember what I said before - when two sides are in dispute, one will win and one will lose. What if you lose in civil court? You will then have to decide if perhaps you really were wrong, or if the whole world is conspiring against you.

Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied
    Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
    To me - it should make zero difference WHY he fled. He fled.
    BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Choices and consequnces.
    His choice was to run. (why these fools keep thinking they will get away is beyond me......
    His consequnces was death. he could hav ended up paralized, veg state or just plain what happen- dead.

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
    This civil trial is simply a deep-pockets litigation. The errant teen's parents are trying to justify the existance of their son through blood money - plain and simple! There is no basis for the suit and that will be the final verdict IMHO.
    I agree 00%. these peole are just trying to get something to say the cop was wrong, when infact..it was their son.

Leave a comment:

• scratched13
    replied
    Originally posted by LeanG View Post
    Well, I figured since CrownVic had all the answers, she (he?) could explain why the blame should fall squarely on a Trooper trying to make a lawful arrest. And also, why didn't the kid just stop...like LAW ABIDING CITIZENS do every day.
    Oooppsss ..... now I see where you were going.

Leave a comment:

• LeanG
    replied
    Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
    Well, I figured since CrownVic had all the answers, she (he?) could explain why the blame should fall squarely on a Trooper trying to make a lawful arrest. And also, why didn't the kid just stop...like LAW ABIDING CITIZENS do every day.

Leave a comment:

• scratched13
    replied
    Originally posted by LeanG View Post
    Did the report explain why the kid fled at such a high speed?

Leave a comment:

• LeanG
    replied
    Originally posted by CrownVictoria View Post
    I have read the investigators reports first hand. I have also seen the video, the evidence, the wreck sight itself and talked with others within the Tennessee Highway Patrol Department. This was no accident and the District Attorney made a poor judgement call when he stated that the motorcycles tail lights were out of sight when the trooper turned his camera off. That statement will come back to bite him.

Did the report explain why the kid fled at such a high speed?

Leave a comment:

• (S)Sgt Elmer
    replied
    [QUOTE=JonesZ;1039857]Either the officer is in pursuit or the officer is NOT in pursuit... it does not fly both ways! If the officer maintained pursuit with s/he emergency lights off s/he is still in pursuit, unless they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt s/he were responding to another call.[/QUOTE]

This is called making it up as you go along. Where do you find that in a law book?

For the sentence before that - not by any definition of pursuit I'm aware of. And since at the moment I currently work at an insurance company (not for much longer, I hope) I know not many pursuits occur there of any type.

Leave a comment:

• scratched13
    replied
    The Christmas trolls are ringing!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• equinox137
    replied
    Troll Alert!!!

Leave a comment:

• CrownVictoria
    replied
    Seeing Is Believing

One other note to add....In the video the teen did stop, however the trooper wasn't stopping.

Leave a comment:

• equinox137
    replied
    Welcome to the forum, Ms. Pratt....

Leave a comment:

• CrownVictoria
    replied
    Seeing Is Believing

Leave a comment:

• towncop
    replied
    Originally posted by Coderbob View Post
    Whats 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? A good start.
    I'll agree with you on the good start part, but I can't agree with you on the number. It should be 9,999. My wife's a lawyer.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6509 users online. 382 members and 6127 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X