Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A word...if I may...about Helen of Troy...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A word...if I may...about Helen of Troy...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!!
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

I'll have to catch it next time around. It looks like it would be good.
    "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

It's not completely accurate! Having a mythology professor for a father, I get to hear of allllll the minor inconsistancies in the thing... So my dad says the miniseries is sponsored by ex-lax for a very good reason.
      Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
      -Mark Twain

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by shooter1201:
        YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!!

hey! this thread deserves...no, REQUIRES pictures!!!

Comment

I certainly wouldn't have labelled her the most beautiful or most desirable woman in the world...but she did look good in those see-through dresses. [Eek!]

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by n567:
            It's not completely accurate! Having a mythology professor for a father, I get to hear of allllll the minor inconsistancies in the thing...

I was unaware that there were completely accurate myths.
            Bill R

Comment

Hahahhahahaha N567 has 567 posts

And Helen doesn't look very good, and hasn't for millennia. She's been a rotting pile of bones and flesh buried six feet under the dirt for thousands of years. I don't know what kind of women Shooter's into, but leave me out!

[ 04-21-2003, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: ciaj ]

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Bill R:
                quote:
                Originally posted by n567:
                It's not completely accurate! Having a mythology professor for a father, I get to hear of allllll the minor inconsistancies in the thing...

I was unaware that there were completely accurate myths.
                Well, Helen of Troy was written by Euripides; so it's not completely amorphous. As such, I'm sure there's a single, popular translation that most scholars abide by as the foremost authority. And when I say minor inconsistancies, I mean things along the line of hair color, and scene or two in the U.S.A version apparently aren't in Euripides version of events. Why, it'd be akin to adding a scene or two to the bible! (let's see if Mel does indeed do that!)

*edit*

Hrmmmm, maybe I should keep changing my screen name to keep up with my posts...

[ 04-21-2003, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: n567 ]
                Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
                -Mark Twain

Comment

crazy OBVIOUSLY hasn't seen the movie.....
                  "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                  -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Sienna Guillory is daaaaamn hot, especially in the teaser bit where she says, "I've come to stop this war!" Woooeeee!

However, Sienna Guillory is no more Helen of Troy than Wil Ferrel is George W. Bush.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6114 users online. 365 members and 5749 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X