300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probation officers

Ok, I know this is a forum mainly for police officers and similar type jobs. I was wondering if anybody in here works in the area of probation? I am considering going intp this area rather than becoming a police officer like I had originally intended. I am graduating from college this May with an Administration of justice degree and I am finishing up an internship with a probation office this week. This was an area I never considered and it seems to be growing due to our inadequate legal system. It also seems to be a less dangerous job which is important to me since I will be getting married in about a year. What do you guys think? Is this a good career field to get into?

In my area, Probation is overworked, understaffed and subject to severe budget cuts (this year, anyway).

It may not be as dangerous as LE, but what about home visits? And employer visits?

It may be different in your area, but it still has it's dangers.

Around here, they also make a little more money than most LEO's.

Good luck!!!
    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Honestly, I don't see how it would be any less dangerous.
      "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

Well, as one of the few probation officers (PO) that post here on a semi-regular basis, I

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4487 users online. 316 members and 4171 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X