Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning 30

Ok...

This day next week, I'll be 30. Tell me that it's all good and I'm not going to have a complex.

If ya want to give me presents that's ok too.

Don't sweat it!

I was dreading 30, but once I hit it, I was like "hey...this ain't so bad!".

Now I'm looking at 36, which is the downward spiral to 40.

Comment

i had WAY to much fun in my thirties than should be allowed by law, and suprisingly i'm still alive to tell about it. now that i'm 48 i WISH i could be 30 again!!
      I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Children, children, children......I am 52 feel just as good as when I was 20. No downward spiral here! Each age you turn has positive effects if you allow it. Sure, I have a few more aches and pains. I have diabetes. I color my hair. But, I'm still the same person inside at 52 I was at 20. I know there are those here that will disagree with me. Of course, I'll never LOOK like a 20 year old again. And I think I do look my age.
        But you know what, if I had to choose an age I liked best, it would be this one. I'm older, wiser and I take a lot less crap off people then I did when I was younger.
        My husband had a real hard time the day he turned 40 but no problem at all the day he turned 50.
        I've seen several male reletives and friends go through midlife crisis and it's really hard to understand. They just couldn't cope with the fact they were getting older. Some came out of it and their marriages were saved. Some are in their 50's married to younger women, hurting their families deeply.
        I plan on living to 100, still playing tennis, still painting and drawing and traveling.
        Life, not age, is what YOU make it!And Nick,, you just want to be thirty again so you can remember what you used to do with that honey! lol

[ 05-22-2002: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

mitzi -- what honey??
          I'll post, You argue.

Comment

My 30's were not so great for me...not because of the age but because of my life at that time.

The 40's are GREAT i am loving them...and never thought it would be like this. i feel better about myself, and i'm having alot of fun...I regressed back to my 20's, i think

Now and then my aches and pains remind me that i'm OLD...but usually i feel very young at heart.
            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

You are all older than me...

22 and proud of it! I'll be a happy old fart some day, but today is not it!
              Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

Comment

I'll be 24 this August. I feel old. I think I'll just celebrate my 21st birthday again. Yes.

Comment

Ummm, Stone, since you are not a happy old fart yet, does that mean you are just a happy young fart???? lol! Sorry, couldn't resist it!
                  Nick, try to think back....You were going to tell me the creative ways you used honey in your younger days but I guess old age has made you forget that you didn't just put it on biscuits! lolI know one thing.....Because of my childhood, I wouldn't want to be a teenager again for anything in this world. The 30's-40's were pretty hard. But this age is the best, except for my son getting sick.
                  It doesn't matter how old you are....if you have kids and they are healthy, you have EVERYTHING, believe me.

[ 05-22-2002: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

Piper, i turned 30 last year and it only gets better. Especially if you look young.
                    "To each his own"

Comment

OH NO! PIPER IS GOING TO BE OVER THE HILL NEXT WEEK!

(damn snot nosed kids!)

Just kidding Piper, really! You won't feel a day older.
                      6P1 (retired)

Comment

30?

30???

30?????

Damn, that was so long ago, I forgot what it was like.

Now, 40, that was a bummer for some reason. But I got over it
                        Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Happy Birth day!!!

Comment

LOL Piper do not worry about 30 it is not bad at all. Right now I am pushing 40 very hard and some changes have occured but I do not look at them as being bad at all. In fact I am looking forward to one big change that is going to occur next weekend. wooohoooooo.

Klar
                            Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

30!!??..1977...1977!!?? Oh yeah, I remember, that's when I bought Southside Johnny's "Havin' a Party" album. How appropriate.

Unfortunately, now you have me feeling like track 2 of the album.. "Broke down piece of man"... LOL..

So, where's the party???
                              " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4463 users online. 311 members and 4152 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X