300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunk Guy Confrontation

Had a nice confrontation at the bus stop. My truck was totalled in a wreck recently and the insurance money has been funded. I've been waiting for the pink slip for the new vehicle and in the meantime I get to ride public transit...which I have not done very often.

So I wake up, get ready for work, and go down to the bench where I catch the bus and there is this drunk guy taking a whiz on the side of the bench...where I usually sit. I stare at him for a minute, waiting for him to look up at him and finally he does. In a slurred voice "That bus already came by but they passed me up. I'm going to write into their bosses." This means he made me late for work. I'm just REALLY ****ed now. He sees me noticing his urinating and says "Sorry man...I just couldn't hold it." I'm standing there, looking at him like he's a complete idiot and just fuming. So I just tell him "You shouldn't be doing that where people are going to be sitting and congregating here. Why don't you go over there and do it" I pointed to a gutter and suddenly he clenches his fists and starts getting really angry. I'm thinking of different ways I'm going to handle his attack if one is imminent. He then claims he can handle the consequences because he's a "grown man."

He cooled down after a while and I resolved to never ride public transit again without my knife. I can't wait for this pink slip to go through.
    -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Originally posted by djack16 View Post

He cooled down after a while and I resolved to never ride public transit again without my knife.
    Uh.. and what exactly would you use it for?

Comment

I pointed to a gutter and suddenly he clenches his fists and starts getting really angry. I'm thinking of different ways I'm going to handle his attack if one is imminent.
      For a wino attack, stepping out of the way and watching him fall on his arse would be a better alternative than deadly force.
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Meeting force with equal force.

Let's see, using a knife in response to a urine soaked fist. Dispatch, I'll be 10-15 one time.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

If you can't handle one drunk guy with his weenie in his hand, maybe you'd better bike to work.
          If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

Comment

I hope some of you who replied aren't law enforcement because 1. I never said I was going to attack him and 2. In one moment a weenie could be in his hand, in another a knife, broken bottle or some other weapon. I wouldn't use deadly force on him for just putting up his dukes .
            -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

I hope some of you who replied aren't law enforcement because 1. I never said I was going to attack him and 2. In one moment a weenie could be in his hand, in another a knife, broken bottle or some other weapon. I wouldn't use deadly force on him for just putting up his dukes .
              I'm confused. Then why did you choose to associate never riding public transit again without your knife, with an angry, drunken transient displaying a clenched fist? No, you didn't come out and say it directly, but the implication was pretty clear.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

The reason I will be carrying it now was because this guy was hostile toward me enough to be ready to fight and the obvious (at least to me) possibility is that he could have produced a weapon.

I thought that last sentence would make sense to people who are aware of the dangers of desperate and dysfunctional people that ride public transit in large cities. Maybe I should have mentioned he ended up having a bottle tucked away in his jacket. I didn't even get to see that until I had boarded and the idiot decided to whip it out and drink it in front of the driver. It reminded me of a lesson people taught me early on that I had forgotten. "Always be prepared."

Originally posted by ISPY4U2
                If you can't handle one drunk guy with his weenie in his hand, maybe you'd better bike to work.
                Nothing to contribute I see. An intelligent response would be appreciated but hey...I won't ask too much of you. I wouldn't be dealing with the guy anyways...the police would.

Madchiken was actually the only person who ASKED what I would use it for. The answer; in response to an immediate deadly threat that I couldn't escape from. I'm pretty sure I could've just run away from the guy and had him arrested had he done anything judging by how smashed he was.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Yeah, I was being sarcastic in my post. I completely agree with L-1 about being 15 with YOU.

Comment

at least he didn't whiz on you when he was upset.
                    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                    Oscar Wilde

Comment

Are any of you seeing what I am? A conservative in the making! Looks like someone had a paradigm change....welcome back from the dark side, young padewan!!

On a serious note, I'm glad he didn't attack you. I hope you get your vehicle situation ironed out, quick. And, please don't carry a knife - that just leads to more issues later on down the road. A cell phone and a good pair of shoes with sticky tread are better than a knife.

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
                        For a wino attack, stepping out of the way and watching him fall on his arse would be a better alternative than deadly force.
                        You speak the truth!!!

I would also like to point out something that I am sure you realized belatedly. Someone who is drunk enough to be taking a whiz out in public like that is most likely going to belligerent. There is no reasoning with someone that drunk and that belligerent. Honestly, his attention span was maxed out by the time you got done speaking the words "You shouldn't be". All he really heard was "You shouldn't be blah blah blah".

With any kind of luck you'll be getting new wheels soon and public transportation will be all but a distant memory.
                        R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                        I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

Had a nice confrontation at the bus stop. My truck was totalled in a wreck recently and the insurance money has been funded. I've been waiting for the pink slip for the new vehicle and in the meantime I get to ride public transit...which I have not done very often.

So I wake up, get ready for work, and go down to the bench where I catch the bus and there is this drunk guy taking a whiz on the side of the bench...where I usually sit. I stare at him for a minute, waiting for him to look up at him and finally he does. In a slurred voice "That bus already came by but they passed me up. I'm going to write into their bosses." This means he made me late for work. I'm just REALLY ****ed now. He sees me noticing his urinating and says "Sorry man...I just couldn't hold it." I'm standing there, looking at him like he's a complete idiot and just fuming. So I just tell him "You shouldn't be doing that where people are going to be sitting and congregating here. Why don't you go over there and do it" I pointed to a gutter and suddenly he clenches his fists and starts getting really angry. I'm thinking of different ways I'm going to handle his attack if one is imminent. He then claims he can handle the consequences because he's a "grown man."

He cooled down after a while and I resolved to never ride public transit again without my knife. I can't wait for this pink slip to go through.
                          Uhh...Your gonna stab someone for punching you?? Either avoid the situation by walking away or don't open your big mouth and expect to not get your *** kicked.
                          Last edited by Stewie; 10-13-2007, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMachU View Post
                            Are any of you seeing what I am?
                            Yeah, it took jack another twenty four hours to come up with his back peddling gibberish.
                            "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

... I get to ride public transit...which I have not done very often.
                              I would have thought a nice, lock-step, liberal like yourself would've been riding public transit all the time so as to not upset Al Gore.
                              Originally posted by kontemplerande
                              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10160 users online. 374 members and 9786 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X