300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting. VERY interesting.....

This is the 2nd time in a month that Gov. Sundquist has felt compelled to call out the troops to protect his sorry *****.

He was elected on a 'NO TAX' platform, yet from his first day in office, ALL he has done is push his 'state income tax' agenda.

75% of the VOTERS in Tennessee do NOT want a state income tax. The legislature has voted on it FOUR TIMES, and in each case, it was DEFEATED, yet the idiocy continues....
    http://www.sierratimes.com/02/05/22/arst2052202.htm

[ 05-22-2002: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Wow, that is really amazing, shooter. It is good to see people TRYING to make a statement against taxes. But for the govenor to call out the troops because of his lying to the people....that's disgusting.
    You know, when my husband lost his job he got a years severance pay and a six months bonus he was due anyway. The 6 months bonus was $30,000. We saw $18,000 of it. And believe me, with him out of work (He just recently found another one after a year of intense trying), we needed every cent we had.
    It's just sickening that we all work so hard and the government takes so much.

Comment

I hate to say this but he will probally keep pushing it and pushing it till the voters finally give in and it passes. We had something like this happen in this county. The voters turned down a 1 cent tax six different times each time we were told if it did not pass we would not hear about it again but six months later as sure as clock work it would be back. The only way it passed was people were soo tired of hearing about it they simply stopped voting and it finally passed with 52% majority. Now we are stuck with it for ten years because once it is passed it can not be taken off till the time limit has expired.

Klar
      Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

He probally needs the tax money to pay for the troops he keeps calling out. What a campaign promise. What a misuse of the taxpayers money on the troops.
        Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

A local radio talk show jockey, Darrell AnKarlo, stirred the voters up last time he tried his thievery, and succesfully stopped that pos. Darrell is know a talk show host here. I wonder if he was advised to get out of town....?

Comment

Shooter,

Is that article real, or what?

I hestitate to appear foolish here, don't want to comment if it's just a hoax.

But if it's true, has CNN or Fox etc going to report the actions?

Jim Burnes

Comment

I know 'mama06'(poster on AWeb). LAST Spring, when our POS governor tried shoving his income tax down our throats, he ORDERED the Nashville street department to TEAR UP the streets surrounding 'capitol hill'...which they did, all to prevent protestors form 'voicing their concerns' within proximity to the legislature.
              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
              -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

To me this is a good example of people doing anything the powers that be tell them to do. Many people say they won't do things that are wrong like that, but then they do. I suppose it's easy to criticize, until it's me being told to do something. But hey, what do I know? I'm just an estranged, disgruntled, unemployed transmission shop owner.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3317 users online. 187 members and 3130 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X