300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbituates

I am curious, when I was 17 my dog was prescribed Phenobarital, which is a barbituate. I had a horrible headache one day and went to take some motrin and mistakenly took one of the Phenobarbs. It was a really low dose and did absolutely nothing to me but make me thristy. I also called the vet and they said it wouldn't affect me at all. Here is my question are Barbituates an auto DQ? If yes is this something that could be explained?

R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Originally posted by COASTIE01 View Post
    I am curious, when I was 17 my dog was prescribed Phenobarital, which is a barbituate. I had a horrible headache one day and went to take some motrin and mistakenly took one of the Phenobarbs. It was a really low dose and did absolutely nothing to me but make me thristy. I also called the vet and they said it wouldn't affect me at all. Here is my question are Barbituates an auto DQ? If yes is this something that could be explained?

Under the circumstances you describe, probably not an automatic DQ. When the question comes up concerning drug use,(it will) explain the situation fully.The specific answer will depend on agency policy. It might be a good idea to mention your situation to a recruiter,but I don't really see a problem.

Comment

Be honest about it, which I assume you are. A story like that is just too wild to have been made up.

I hope that you did not experience any other side effects; such as a desire to drink out of the toilet, howl at the moon or go nuts on someone's leg.

If the investigators find out you're lying, they may have you neutered.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

LOL....Thats funny. I felt like a total dumb***** when I did it. I did have one other side effect. I had to pee on every fire hydrant I saw for like a week.

Comment

If I am doing your background I am going to ask you one major question about this: How can you possibly mix up a MOTRIN bottle from a Rx bottle received at the vet? Your statement is not plausible in my opinion. Just fess up and say you tried the drug, period!
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

SGT I agree with you that it sounds stupid, and it is. I had a really bad headache and was in the routine of getting that pill out since I had to give it to my dog twice a day. Also there is no possible benefit of taking one grain of Phenobarbital. I would know since I was a Vet Tech at the time. It was just a mistake.

Comment

Not to mention the difference in tablet size.

They will probably follow up on this in your poly, so just tell the truth about the circumstances.

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
              If I am doing your background I am going to ask you one major question about this: How can you possibly mix up a MOTRIN bottle from a Rx bottle received at the vet? Your statement is not plausible in my opinion. Just fess up and say you tried the drug, period!
              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

I absolutely will tell the truth, all I was looking for in this thread was whether or not Barbiuates were a DQ at any agencies. I know it was dumb but that isn't the question here.

Comment

You just saved me alot of typing. Thanks.
                  Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

My ex's dog takes those for seizures...... they are in a brown bottle like regualar prescription meds......

Who knows......a poly will find out....

Comment

Pretty soon only nuns and monks are gonna be able to apply to be cops...

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post

+1 on this comment!
                        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post

Ain't that the truth!!!! Even worse if they pass the "no one ever diagnosed with ADD/ADHD can ever own a fire arm" bill. =\
                          Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither' -- Benjamin Franklin

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I just think hiring someone to be a city cop, especially someone who was gonna work in bad parts of the city, ghettos etc. - it would be nice to get someone with street knowlege, maybe someone who can already handle themselves around dangerous situations - not some angel.

Granted, i dont say hire an ex-drug addict or gang member...altho now some places even give those guys a chance. I think some ex-gang members could probly have tons of knowlege to share, but i wouldnt know WHICH ones to trust.

I do think life experiences can say alot more than book knowledge sometimes. JMHO

Comment

I absolutely will tell the truth, all I was looking for in this thread was whether or not Barbiuates were a DQ at any agencies
                              Recreational use of barbituates is very different from accidental use. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5398 users online. 390 members and 5008 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X