Hangman's Noose....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troopertobe View Post
    Pretty simple... A Hangman's Noose is like a firearm both are made to cause death or injury....so charge'em.
    What are you going to charge them with?
    The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by emt21560 View Post
      I live in the Ft. Smith AR area and we have a museum of Judge Parkers court house and outside the court house is the hang mans gallows with three nooses hanging... its not a hate crime. If its ok to arrest someone with a noose for a hate crime can we arrest someone with a turbin for an act of terrorism?
      Hey, I could go along with the turbin part.
      The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Pretty simple... A Hangman's Noose is like a firearm both are made to cause death or injury....so charge'em.
        A vehicle or baseball bat can do the same. Again, it's about intent.

There are real uses for a noose other than to hang a human.
        "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

Originally posted by iMarkVideo View Post
          A swastika symbolizes evil intent and I have seen, at least in my area, people charged with hate crimes for spray painting them on the sidewalk and sound walls.
          Again, it speaks to intent. Hitler and the Nazis did not invent the swastika. You'll find it in Navajo, Buddhist, and (I believe) Hindu decorative designs/symbols.

If those people were spray painting swastikas to shock and intimidate minorities, they needed to be booked. But, I'm not going into a gallery or museum displaying artifacts from other cultures with the swastika on them, and arresting the staff.
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o View Post
            What are you going to charge them with?
            per D.A. in Gena, L.A. "tennis shoes are lethal weapons".... so charge them with possession of deadly weapon!...... "possession of deadly weapons defined as 'anything designed for lethal use"
            *Don't argue with idiots someone watching may get confused.

*We're all here because we ain't all there

Comment

per D.A. in Gena, L.A. "tennis shoes are lethal weapons".... so charge them with possession of deadly weapon!...... "possession of deadly weapons defined as 'anything designed for lethal use"
              You're a retired deputy?

Comment

You're a retired deputy?
                are u an officer? from mayberry maybe? ......

Comment

are u an officer? from mayberry maybe? ......
                  Yeah and far from mayberry. Your a retired deputy and a trooper to be or trooper Tobe?

Comment

Never mind, I looked up your posts and found one where you said you were only a part time deputy in a little town, so I guess thats why you don't know what your talking about.

Comment

Yeah and far from mayberry. Your a retired deputy and a trooper to be or trooper Tobe?
                      Last edited by troopertobe; 09-23-2007, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Never mind, I looked up your posts and found one where you said you were only a part time deputy in a little town, so I guess thats why you don't know what your talking about.
                        Your hilarious! Not even worth wasting my time with...back to the topic!

Comment

Trooper to-be- academy Jan 08
                          Well, I hope you learn something, if it's true, because I can spot an imposter pretty easily by ones posts. Form reading your posts, I know that at this time you don't know much. If you make it, you shouldn't throw that Mayberry stuff around, because the TN Highway Patrol doesn't touch any of the Interstate roads in major urban areas. Except when they sit in construction zones, doing nothing.

Comment

Your hilarious! Not even worth wasting my time with...back to the topic!
                            It's true, anyone can look up what you said. You were a part time deputy and lost your position with an administration change.

Comment

I have no idea if this is true, but I was told that 13 loops make it an "official" hangman's noose, and only the executioner could have a hangman's noose.

Anything else is just a fancy slipknot.

I think intent has to be there to qualify as a hate crime.

By the way, google hangman's noose+law....you may be surprised to see there are a few cases where people were harassed using them.
                              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangman's_knot

The hangman's knot or hangman's noose (also known as a collar during Elizabethan times) is a well-known knot most often associated with its use in hanging. For a hanging, the knot of the rope is typically placed under or just behind the left ear. As the blow when the condemned drops to the end of the rope is supposed to break the neck (for modern "long-drop" hangings), this knot can add additional striking force against the head and neck. The knot is non-jamming but tends to resist attempts to loosen it.

The hangman's knot was used on ropes in Colonial America as well as England during the 16th and 18th centuries. It is still used in those US states which allow hanging as method of capital punishment.

For Willowdared:
                                Each additional coil adds friction to the knot, which makes the noose harder to pull closed or open. The number of coils should therefore be adjusted depending on the intended use, the type and thickness of rope, and environmental conditions such as wet or greasy rope. Six to eight loops are normal when using natural ropes; more may be used on nylon ropes. One coil makes it equivalent to the simple slip knot.

According to tradition, the hangman's noose must have 13 coils
                                IGNORE LIST - Banastretarlton AKA "banana boy"

"In the fields of observation chance favors only prepared mind"
                                -----Louis Pasteur

"Sweat in training saves blood on the battlefield."

-------Col. David "Hack" Hackworth

On my 7 year old 2nd Grade Class wall

------------YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOUR OWN ACTIONS

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4875 users online. 142 members and 4733 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                                X