Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Rant of Frustration

From CNN.com:
    The FBI's Mueller predicted Monday there would be "another terrorist attack" in the United States and "we will not be able to stop it. It's something we all live with." He also called it "inevitable" that the United States would one day see pedestrian suicide bombers

On "Meet the Press" this weekend, Cheney said it is not if, but when. Ridge, Rumsfeld, and Ashcroft have all said the same thing this week.

It is enough to make you crazy. We have be vigilant but also have to live our lives and travel, buy things, etc. so the economy doesn't fall apart.

I know I can't sit and worry about it, but when you read stuff like this, how can you not worry? I am not sitting at home scared in corner, but you take a minute and it hits you and sense of tremendous uneasiness comes over you.

You read and hear stuff like this and my natural reaction is: WELL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! Just go the Middle East and Blow every thing that moves up!! Of Course then we are no better than the terrorists. And if anything spawn more terrorists.

I know these guys are doing the best they can and are working with what was left to them by the previous regime, but it is still difficult at times to realize that this is the New World that we live in today. This is reality.

Okay, I feel much better. When you read this stuff in the paper everyday you need to just let it out every once in awhile.

I have a very simple solution. Perhaps if we stopped doing ***** that just ****es the rest of the world off (rightly so), we wouldn't be so hated!
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
    -Mark Twain

Comment

People are going to hate the USA, no matter what we do or don't do.

The key is to make sure our former enemies become our new allies. Japan and Germany are great examples of that philosophy. Our efforts in Afghanistan to build a new government in with that same mold.

It might also help to be a bit more cautious with foreign policy in the future. I don't think any nation has really ever looked beyond the "here and now" for short-term solutions, but if 9/11 taught us anything its that "short term solutions" can become "long term nightmares."

Just my humble $.02.

Comment

Truthfully, I don't let it bother me in the least bit. I've always been one who expected the worst anyways. I just keep on doing my thing.

Comment

Ever hear of "deja vu all over again?" For any of us who lived through the days of bomb shelters in the backyard, this seems like we have just come full circle.

I don't know if they are doing the right thing with all the warnings or not. You know when you hear something over and over again people tend to react in one of two ways. They either tune it out completely (like I have done with all the warnings about smoking) or it scares the schidt out of them and they do something about it. Like have a nervous breakdown. . .
          6P1 (retired)

Comment

Don you that old to talk about bomb shelters in the back yard. I feel like a young boy. No just kidding remember getting under your desk at school?
            Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

The FBI's Mueller predicted Monday there would be "another terrorist attack" in the United States and "we will not be able to stop it. It's something we all live with." He also called it "inevitable" that the United States would one day see pedestrian suicide bombers
              Very possible, that's very possible.
              Royce is a Lady

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph:
                remember getting under your desk at school?
                Sure do! Also having the school basement designated as a "bomb shelter" with supplies of food and drums of water down there.
                6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4473 users online. 314 members and 4159 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X