300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like any of you.....

I was just watching cops and was surprised to hear a cop make a statement that it was a surprise to him, when he became a cop, that there were those that didn't like cops. So, I guess that means I don't like any of you....(I just love you all.)
    Why he would be surprised there were people that didn't like cops surprised me. Of course, many don't like cops. You are a symbol of authority and many rebel against that. And let's face it, when someone is already having a bad day and you see those blue lights behind you, it doesn't make for a better day! lol
    But, I love you all to pieces....You are all great people!

[ 05-22-2002: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

I've always like the police. I admire what they do, and why they do it ('cuz it certainly ain't for the pay).

Its always a surprise when people say they don't like the police. Some don't like certain police, some don't like any police. One girl I work with, Melinda, doesn't like cops, and told me a story why she didn't ... (she just told me this a week ago, so I'll try and get it as close as possible).

Essentially, she was smoking some weed with her boyfriend and some of his friends. A uniformed cop comes to the door. Of course, she freaks. Her boyfriend tells her its okay, the cop comes in, pulls a bag of marijuana from his pocket, and starts smoking. He then brags to her about how he stole this off a kid who is spending the night in jail for possession. She called him a hipocritical piece of ****. She also told me she doesn't hate all cops ... just the hipocrites.

Now, this other guy I work with, Mike, had a huge arguement on Sunday about the police. He got mad because he was in the city a few weeks earlier, in a convenience store, and some cops were following him around asking "are you buying that?" He was all about "oh, they shouln't be following people like ME around, 'cuz I'm all clean cut and **** ..." Anyway, he hates the cops 'cuz he's got a persecution complex, I guess. Doesn't help that he regularly drinks and drives. "I AIN'T DRUNK! IT'S A STUPID LAW!"

I can understand Melinda's dislike of certain police officers. I can't understand Mike's dislike of all police for doing their job.

People's impressions of the police are based on their involvement with them, and no doubt what they hear from police in their homes and social situations. I'm sure those who think cops are evil oppressors are surprised that people admire and even want to be police. And vice-versa.

Comment

Dam it all Mitzi, you scared the schidt out of me with your title to this post! I thought you had flipped out!
      6P1 (retired)

Comment

The only one I dislike is the one on the bike I told to get off my property. All the rest I have met at work and at home are friendly with me.

Of course to be fair, I probably set the tone for our meeting, but the stuff he said, I thought was inflamatory.

Comment

When my son was younger, he didn't like cops. When I would look at him when he even sw a cop, I could see that resentment of authority in his eyes.
          Of course, now that he has three cousins that are cops, he isn't that way anymore. We still laugh at the "They can't do that" story. He was stopped by 2 bicycle cops for playing his music too loud and too near a church. He was about 18 at the time. He came home, SO mad and said, "They can't do that!" We asked him why not and he said, "They were on bicycles just riding around and they are supposed to be in cars to give out tickets." I remember my husband just roared with laughter and then said, "Well, son, why don't you go down to the police station and TELL them they can't use bikes to give out tickets?" It was really funny and he laughs about it now too.

Comment

In reality I think most people control the attitude the police have when they interface with them. Except the scumbags of course.

Comment

LOL Mitzi had me worried too about this thread but now that I have read it I understand. I love seeing those flashing reds and blues whether they are behind me in front of me or beside me. Usually I will say "git 'em bro" As they pass by me. IF they are behind me I will gladly pull over and usually will sit around and bs with the officer. I support all officers and will gladly come to thier defense and aid in any situation which I will be a assect and not a liability towards them and the job they are doing. Besides I do have Oreos LOL

Klar
              Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Besides I do have Oreos LOL
                My God Klar! No wonder you get in so much trouble. It's DONUTS boy! Get it right!

Comment

LOL Sorry to inform you that the donut thing is just a myth, LOL Now you know why they think transmission men are just a bunch of money hungry crooks that will tell unsupecting people all kinds of things to see that repair bill go higher and higher LOL. I really think that oreos are the real way to go but make sure you give them a napkin to wipe the oreo tell-tale signs from the corners of their mouths once they have finished them. LOL

Klar
                  Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Now you know why they think transmission men are just a bunch of money hungry crooks that will tell unsupecting people all kinds of things to see that repair bill go higher and higher
                    I hate to tell you, but many shops are just like that. One reason I work for myself.

Comment

LOL I know that is why I had to say that. Now seriously if you wish to have officer friends your going to have to carry something other than donuts in your vehicles. Granted donuts are nice for breakfast but a cookie here and there does soo much better. Besides they fit in tupperware containers better and last longer before stale. LOL

Klar

Comment

I've only met one officer that I did not like. Long story, maybe he was having a bad day. He gave me the worst chewing since my Drill Sergeant for a minor violation for which I had already admitted fault and apologized. ALL others have been very polite and professional. That's a pretty good average in my book.
                        Bill R

Comment

Same here, Bill. I've only met one cop I didn't like and that was 25 years ago. And Don, I knew this topic would catch your attention! LOL!

Comment

Klar, I'd like you even better if you didn't eat cats! lol
                            How I mis my Bubba.....I think you would have liked him, even uncooked. lol
                            But, I luvs ya anyway, Klar

Comment

LOL I will have you know I have never ate a friendly cat. I only eat those that are mean to me. Well come to think of it most cats I do meet are very friendly to me. I better start getting mean again LOL

Klar

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3903 users online. 246 members and 3657 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X