Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strippers and Churches

News Article

Nice to see the Church is up to it's old tricks.

I go to church and believe in God, and for some reason I STILL see no problem with a Mom making mucho bucks to send her kid to the best school possible... I don't care that she knows that the male gender will throw money at anything that should have a bra on and doesn't...

I just call that a smart woman with a good knack for marketing her, umm, ***-ets!
    Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

I agree Stone. As long as she is safe and providing for her daughter it should be no ones business.
    Walk slow, Talk low, and Don't say Too Much.

Comment

I remember last year I heard something about a girl getting kicked of the Track and Field team at some College because she was a stripper...

Well, what are they complaining about? That is how SHE IS PAYING for her College!

This crap just get's my nads in a bunch.

Comment

Ahhhh, a beautiful body is a gift from God. I see nothing wrong with enjoying beauty. Have they never heard of "just admiring God's creations?"

I get so sick of self righteous, sanctimonious SOBs!
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

"I want to find a school less concerned with image and more concerned with the welfare of children," she said.
          That says it all.

Comment

I see nothen wrong with that, who cares how she makes her money as long she has the means to give her daughtor the best

Comment

I see nothen wrong with that, who cares how she makes her money as long she has the means to give her daughtor the best
              Really!? Fraud, theft, prostitution, selling drugs, robbery would all be OK? Just playing.

Is a Mom who strips really "giving her daughter the best?

And to just play the devil's advocate, would it be OK for your daughter or mom to strip to make a lot of money? Would it be ok for your son to go into a strip bar a see your wife/mom/sister dancing?

And a Christian school is a private school that can accept or decline any student based on their own policies. These schools have a pretty strict stance or morals, and modesty comes in very high. Thet can and should strictly enforce their own policies.

The next has nothing to do with the story, just strippers.

Also from experience I can tell you that the overwhelmig majority of strippers with children are divorced or never married moms who have an endless supply of men coming in and out of their lives. Alcohol abuse and drug addiction are extremely common problems encountered here. I know some of these girls can make a TON of money, but at what cost to themselves?

I could write a paper on the self-destructiveness to the women of this industry, but there's no room for that here.

Please note that I have not stated my religious or personal views on stripping, just some observations and facts to encourage some conversation other than, "I like lookin at hooters, whats wrong with a gal showing em to me?"
              "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

OK Mr. Advocate...

Here it goes -

Is a Mom who strips really "giving her daughter the best?

Maybe not, but that does not necesarily mean it is because of the stripping. I say a woman CAN provide her children with the best while stripping.

And to just play the devil's advocate, would it be OK for your daughter or mom to strip to make a lot of money? Would it be ok for your son to go into a strip bar a see your wife/mom/sister dancing?

MY daughter? I would throw a hissy, but then again, I am going to be a big PITA when she starts dating because I am TOO PROTECTIVE and I am a PROOD when it comes to my daughter.

MY MOM? Yikes! I can't even imagine it. But if she hasn't gone into it already, she won't so it is a moot point.

My WIFE? She thought about it a few years ago. I am ALL FOR IT! When she is shakin her booty for someone else, she is coming HOME TO ME! If she isn't coming home to me, it is not the dancing I would be mad about, but the adultry. She would need to take it to that next step before I would have a problem.

I don't have a son, but I guarranty that me and the kids wouldn't be visiting Mom at work... just not something I would want to expose them too...The bar/gentlemans club is the concern, not the naked women.

And a Christian school is a private school that can accept or decline any student based on their own policies. These schools have a pretty strict stance or morals, and modesty comes in very high. Thet can and should strictly enforce their own policies.

You are absolutely right. But that is a bad call for them to make. It shows that they are close minded, narrow people who think they are Covering Their Arse by doing this and getting support from the biggo... I mean respectable people in the community...

Also from experience I can tell you that the overwhelmig majority of strippers with children are divorced or never married moms who have an endless supply of men coming in and out of their lives. Alcohol abuse and drug addiction are extremely common problems encountered here. I know some of these girls can make a TON of money, but at what cost to themselves?

I could write a paper on the self-destructiveness to the women of this industry, but there's no room for that here.

I agree that is a problem that is common. That does not mean it is true 100% of the time. If you want to point to someones faults like drug abouse/man hopping/ect. then do so, dont attack their profession.

I am sure the officers here all know what it is like to be labled by your profession. Yes, it is nice to be recognized by the good things in a person's chosen profession, but having these types of stigmas tagged to you simply because of your job without any other basis for the claim IS WRONG, and IT SUCKS.

Please note that I have not stated my religious or personal views on stripping, just some observations and facts to encourage some conversation other than, "I like lookin at hooters, whats wrong with a gal showing em to me?"

That works, but what ARE your personal views? I have expressed mine.

BTW, I do like lookin at hooters!

Comment

I agree with what txinvestigator1 said about the school having the right to expell the girl. They are a private institution. I saw an interview with a rep from the school and the mother on Bill O'Rielly, and apparently the school made the mother sign some kind of "morality contract" that requests the mother to live by the same principles taught in the school.

But where I disagree is.......

Originally posted by txinvestigator1:

"
                  (Iknow you are not relating that part of your post to the article and are playng a devils advocate role as you said)

But that is from your expirience and I think it is unfair to paint such a broad stroke by using the term "overwhelming Majority". I know a couple girl who dance and have talked with them about it. From MY expirience and what they told me, this job is just something they do to put food on the table or put themselves through school.

Now of course, this job attracts some people who are less than quality. Girls who do sleep around and do drugs and so on. But there are also alot of girls who live clean normal lives, just pay the bills by taking their clothes off. There are clubs out there that have high standards of behavior for their dancers (drug free, etc). The drugs, drinking and men are just a path that SOME of these girls take, but NOT ALL of them.

On top of that, many of them, don't think of themselves as strippers, but dancers. I think that says alot for how WE portray what they do and what they feel they are doing.

With regards to my mother/sister stripping....well, if my 52 yr. old mother wanted to strip I would have her committed. But my sister is in school and if she wanted to do it to help cover the costs of school, I wouldn't WANT her to do it, but I also wouldn't outright stop her. I would ask her to consider other options and I would make sure the place she works would be clean, legitimate, and a "higher class" club. YES, their different types of clubs. I wouldn't allow her to work in some shady bar on the side of a highway.

Comment

Not to break up the debate..which is good one..but here is an update on the story:

Stripper's daughter allowed to return to school
                    May 20, 2002

SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- A Christian school that expelled a kindergartner because her mother worked as a stripper decided to let the girl return to school for the last three weeks of classes.

Christina Silvas, 24, agreed to stop working at Gold Club Centerfolds during that time. She said she will explore several job offers made by local businesses after her plight became national news.

Silvas' 5-year-old daughter was expelled last week from Capital Christian School, which is run by the 4,000-member Capital Christian Center, one of the country's largest Assemblies of God churches.

At enrollment, students' parents must sign a document stating they agree with the church's "Christian Commitment/Philosophy," which requires weekly church attendance and stipulates "a Christian learning structure that involves the entire family."

The Rev. Rick Cole, pastor of the Sacramento church, said Silvas broke that agreement by working as a nude dancer.

Silvas hasn't ruled out returning to exotic dancing if none of the job offers work out but said her daughter won't return to Capital Christian for first grade.

"I want to find a school less concerned with image and more concerned with the welfare of children," she said.

Comment

Originally posted by Stone:
                      BTW, I do like lookin at hooters!
                      AMEN, Bro!

I think that what bothers me most about this, is that the little girl is really the "victim" here. She has NO say in a)what mama does for a living, or b) where she goes to school.

If this is truly a christian school, would it not be better to keep this child in a christian school and teach her a "better way?" IMHO the operators of this school are giving in to a perceived threat that other parents might pull their kids out of school over having this child there. That of course, would cut into their funding.

I firmly believe that is what their problem is. It is obvious that they do NOT have any "christian concern" for the child involved. They are more concerned about money and about their
                      6P1 (retired)

Comment

Wasn't that in the article I posted?

Comment

Its sad that when one has views more conservative than another, the conservative is called closed-minded and narrow.

Lets say that I think its OK to bang married women, but you won't let me bang your wife. Are you narrow-minded? After all, we are not hurting anyone, and not breaking any laws? Only the carzy religious types believe in all of that "marriage vow" crap, right?

I agree that is a problem that is common. That does not mean it is true 100% of the time. If you want to point to someones faults like drug abouse/man hopping/ect. then do so, dont attack their profession
                          I didn't say 100%, but an overwhelming majority. Ask any former stripper and she will tell you the facts. I ran a huge undercover investigation in a major upscale strip bar in a large metropolitan area. (for the company who owned it) The girls all are students, moms trying to make ends meet, etc, at least that is what they tell everyone. You would not believe what goes on. I also studied other reports and investigative studies done over the past 10 years in preperation for this case. I didn't just talk to "a couple of girls I know".

Remember, I never said this girl was involved in anything. AKAIK, she works a day shift, is home when the kid gets home or shortly thereafter, and is a loving, devoted mother trying to raise a moral, just, modest, decent kid.

On top of that, many of them, don't think of themselves as strippers, but dancers. I think that says alot for how WE portray what they do and what they feel they are doing.
                          PLEASE.................You take off your clothes, writhe around and have 20 bucks stuffed in your g-string, you're a stripper. Not that I have a problem personally with strippers, but call a spade a spade. We love to use nuetral terms in this country to remove stigma and attempt to make things more socially acceptable. I have seen lots and lots of strippers, and few did what could even be called dancing. How naive.

But my sister is in school and if she wanted to do it to help cover the costs of school, I wouldn't WANT her to do it, but I also wouldn't outright stop her. I would ask her to consider other options
                          EXACTLY my point. If it is perfectly allright and an upstanding profession and no ones business, why do you have a problem with it?

[QUOTE]If this is truly a christian school, would it not be better to keep this child in a christian school and teach her a "better way?" IMHO the operators of this school are giving in to a perceived threat that other parents might pull their kids out of school over having this child there. That of course, would cut into their funding.

I firmly believe that is what their problem is. It is obvious that they do NOT have any "christian concern" for the child involved. They are more concerned about money and about their
                          "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

One obvious solution as to her income would have been someone within that church making her a job offer, to match her present income. Surely there are business owners in the congregation or there is a network for job placements.

In that way, this could have been a non-story.

That Mom is apparently doing what she can to earn a good living for her daughter. More power to her.

BTW, a young neighbor of mine asked to a ride to and from her work at a mens club recently. It looked like a clean place when I took a look when I dropped her off. When I picked her up after work to drive her home, I was waiting for her to get her things togeher, and the ladies in the back dressing area all looked and behaved well. She herself is polite, well-spoken and drug free.

Just an observation.

Jim Burnes

Comment

Its sad that when one has views more conservative than another, the conservative is called closed-minded and narrow.

May be, but I am also a very concervative minded person.

I don't care if you want to be called stripper/dancer/ta-ta flinging flousy... all I care about is that Schools/regligeous institutions always try to take the HIGH ROAD about this, when in fact, the real reason is as Don said, they want to look good to the majority to get THEIR MONEY.

If the chic is making big bucks portraying herself to a bunch of horny guys with nothing better to spend their money on, the only reason the church/school cares is because it will hurt THEM in the pocket.

That is the part that ****es me off the most.

One great example of how large institutions like this DON'T care about he common good is the whole priest scandal thing..

not because priests abused kids, but how Card. Law and others acted in reaction to it.

Keep it hush-hush so we keep the coffers full!

Well they are full now aren't they?

That is my point of the outrage of this. If we make it financially costly, by allowing more 'liberal/open-minded' folks to see what is going on and therefor refuse to send THEIR kids, then you may see a change in tune from the schools.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3440 users online. 199 members and 3241 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X