Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you give up?

For Lent, and did you succeed?

I'm not Catholic, but my kids are. They gave up candy AND at the stroke of 7:33 PM EST last night they shoved the candy in! It was halarious watching them get ready with the candy wrappers off, on their laps. LOL But, they did it! I bet that candy tasted so good to them.

I had to look up the official sunset in our area so I could give them some kind of time. Otherwise I'd get "Mommy, is it time yet? Looks dark out to me".

My husband gave up diet coke. On his dinner break he had one and he said it tasted lousy. I guess there is hope for me yet. I am addicted to the stuff.

[ 04-18-2003, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Nothing!
    Retired

Comment

Hey you can't go wrong with that! [Wink]
      "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

I'm Lutheran but my kids are Catholic. Still haven't figued out what I was going to give up on New Years Day.
        Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Every year I give up Chocolate, french fries and potatoe chips!!! Of course I don't believe that I would be banished if I snuck one of each..... but I do enjoy the challenge of seeing if I can make it!!! Chocolate is the hardest for me.... and boy do I miss sucking the salt off potatoe chips.... so badly that I pray for someone to deliver me a cow "salt lick"!

(and I'm Anglican)

[ 04-18-2003, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: wonderwoman ]

Comment

I'm Cherokee, I gave up America.

Coyote

Comment

I didn't give up anything. I don't do Lent.

Comment

I gave up giving up.
                6P1 (retired)

Comment

I didn't give anything up. Daddy always said, "nobody likes someone that gives up."
                  Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

I didn't give anything up but I made fun of my Catholic friend every Friday when he complained about not being able to eat meat.
                    On the wings of a dove
                    Let's roll for justice
                    Let's roll for truth
                    Let's not let our children grow up
                    Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

Sex. I succeeded. But I gave that up a long time before Lent, so a few weeks wasn't much of a trick.
                      RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

Hey Evnings "this too shall pass." Just when you settle down and start to be totally comfortable on your own, and figure there is no way you will EVER let yourself in for such heartache and problems again, someone will come along. The right someone. Trust me on this, BTDT twice!

In the mean time, you can always take a jaunt up to Pahrump Nevada and go to "The Chicken Ranch."
                        6P1 (retired)

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Don:

In the mean time, you can always take a jaunt up to Pahrump Nevada and go to "The Chicken Ranch."

What i wanna know is, where is "The Rooster Ranch??" [Wink]
                          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Thanks Don.

I actually went to a cat house once before I became a cop ( about 18 or 19 yoa). I wasn't overly impressed with the women and the fact that I actually had to pay good American money for them to have sex with me. That and the sex felt like I was on a production line. Not that I was looking for a few minutes of a deep meaningful relationship. But a few well placed moans and a little hip movement would have gone a long way.
                            RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Evnings:
                              and the fact that I actually had to pay good American money for them to have sex with me.

Hey, it's like that everywhere.
                              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6183 users online. 376 members and 5807 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X