Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Waiting

-------------
    Last edited by alienbow; 04-20-2008, 05:40 AM.
    www.amyandwandasrants.blogspot.com

Originally posted by alienbow View Post
    I am waiting to hear something back from a dept. that I am in the hiring process for. I did the interview with the Chief last Monday.

I am a little frustrated because the Chief went out of town and didn't let anyone know anything before he left.

I know sometimes things happen, but he made an announcement to the media that he hired eight new recruits. I would like to know if I am one of those recruits.

I went Last Wednesday and filled out paperwork for the academy, got fingerprinted, and photographed.

I really want this job, this is my dream, I can't see myself doing anything else with my life.

What frustrates me is that they did a rush job on the hiring processes, but after I did the above mentioned things, I am now having to wait to hear a yes or no.

Am I wrong in being frustrated?

What do you guys think about this?, and what would you do?
    Relax man! If you made it that far then you're probably in don't you think so?

Comment

---------------
      Last edited by alienbow; 04-20-2008, 05:39 AM.

Comment

-------------
        Last edited by alienbow; 04-20-2008, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Someone in another forum said that I am in denial, that I am being played.

I don't think this is so, what do you guys think?
          Alien, don't mind fark yourself. Go workout, run, get a massage, or play video games. Do something to occupy your time, if you work yourself up you're going to affect your psyche.

This is my advice from prior experience of high-pressure meetings and opportunities.
          "Give me chastity and give me constancy, but do not give it yet." -St. Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by FirstStrike View Post
            Alien, don't mind fark yourself. Go workout, run, get a massage, or play video games. Do something to occupy your time, if you work yourself up you're going to affect your psyche.

This is my advice from prior experience of high-pressure meetings and opportunities.
            +1, you so took the words outta my mouth...

Comment

-----------------
              Last edited by alienbow; 04-20-2008, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by southga View Post
                +1, you so took the words outta my mouth...
                I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

----------------
                  Last edited by alienbow; 04-20-2008, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Im not sure when you started your process but I started mine in Early April. I am still in the Background Investigation due to being 31 years old and having prior LEO experience. It just takes time.

Remember, it IS the Government that we are dealing with.

Good Luck, it sounds like you're in.
                    -918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

--------------
                      Last edited by alienbow; 04-20-2008, 05:29 AM.

Comment

I don't have to worry about the psychological anymore, I've already completed that process with flying colors.

Under federal law, the psych and the medical can only be administered in connection with a bona fide offer of employment. If you passed them, you're hired.
                        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                          Under federal law, the psych and the medical can only be administered in connection with a bona fide offer of employment. If you passed them, you're hired.
                          +1, that's always been my understanding of it as well.

I realize it's a pain in the *** to wait on that answer. I had wait to hear my no for quite awhile without any indication whatsoever if I was going to be hired.

As a matter of fact, they never even interviewed anyone for the position, they simply hired based on prior knowledge of the applicants and the information supplied on the application. No one ever got so much as a phone call, except the guy they hired. Calls to the Director of Personnel resulted in no returned call and I simply heard nothing for almost a month. All that time, the job stayed posted and unfilled.

So, trust me, it could be worse. The only person who knows the answer to your question is the Chief and he's out of town. There's nothing you can do but wait and wait you will have to do!

Stop sp***ing out about it so much, I think this is like the third thread I've seen you post about this.
                          Back to the drawing board.

Comment

I recommend that you stay away from O.com for a couple of days if the variety of answers you are getting is confusing you and stressing you out.

Nobody on here can tell you if you have the job or not. That is up to the Chief of Police and the hiring panel. Only they have the answers.

Go camping, go hiking, do something to take your mind off of Albany PD.

I can only imagine how nervous you are, but all the stress is unhealthy. You are only what, 21 years old?

Comment

------------------
                              Last edited by alienbow; 04-20-2008, 05:28 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10493 users online. 386 members and 10107 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X