300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back after a rough experience

Hi to everyone. I'm sorry to have disappeared for so long, but I had to go to my sister's for a few weeks to care for her terminally ill husband. Joe finally died at the age of 49 on April 30, 2002. He was a good guy, but flawed. Hep C killed him after being an IV drug user in his younger years. I met him after he began his recovery and never had to see him under the influence. I knew him as a good man, who loved his family and deeply regretted his mistakes, which took his life. I watched him go from a strong, healthy man to a skeleton in constant pain. I held his hand the night before he died and promised him he wouldn't die in pain or alone. I was able to keep both of those promises to him. My sister held him and told him good-bye as he took his last few breaths. I found a picture of him today, taken when my son was a baby, of him holding my son and they both were sleeping. I'm sorry, I'm rambling. I can't believe he's gone.

In Loving Memory
    Joseph S.
    1953-2002

Love,
    Sue
    "Sometimes, I guess there just aren't enough rocks." -Forrest Gump

Sorry to hear that, Beatle. God bless you...

Comment

So young. Ditto to what FLLawdog said. Take care.

Comment

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
        Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3081 users online. 191 members and 2890 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X