300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland, California

So a career criminal stabs a woman on the street in Oakland. She survived multiple stab wounds. The bad guy is arrested and charged with attempted murder.

Two days later, same bad guy stabs and kills a woman on the street in Oakland.

Police in Oakland on Thursday confirmed the arrest of a man suspected in two stabbings this week, one of which left a West Oakland woman dead.

You know, equity.

That's...not what I got from the linked article. The linked articles doesn't indicate that the suspect was arrested for a stabbing, released, and then arrested for a second stabbing. The article says the suspect stabbed one person (Monday), then stabbed a second person a couple days later (Wednesday), and was subsequently arrested for both (Thursday).
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

You're right. I didn't read it correctly.

Comment

"Bad guy"?

I thought we all agreed to use more value neutral terms. Maybe morally challenged, value impaired, non-liquid excrement bag, etc.

Comment

• Joe2845
          Joe2845 commented
          Editing a comment
          My day for mea culpas. What I should've said was "justice involved person".

Originally posted by BrianT View Post
        "Bad guy"?

I thought we all agreed to use more value neutral terms. Maybe morally challenged, value impaired, non-liquid excrement bag, etc.
        Nah. Typical THUG for the area works best.

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post
          That's...not what I got from the linked article. The linked articles doesn't indicate that the suspect was arrested for a stabbing, released, and then arrested for a second stabbing. The article says the suspect stabbed one person (Monday), then stabbed a second person a couple days later (Wednesday), and was subsequently arrested for both (Thursday).
          Yeah, that's how I'm reading it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2845 View Post
            So a career criminal stabs a woman on the street in Oakland. She survived multiple stab wounds. The bad guy is arrested and charged with attempted murder.

Two days later, same bad guy stabs and kills a woman on the street in Oakland.

Police in Oakland on Thursday confirmed the arrest of a man suspected in two stabbings this week, one of which left a West Oakland woman dead.

You know, equity.
            This is an issue actually! But this article doesn't really illustrate the issue because an arrest wasn't made between the stabbings. The uh, THUG, (we'll be "offensive" together cccsd) was just incarcerated after they figured out who was behind the multiple stabbings.

A nearby city area has this issue with murders. They offer bonds to murders, who come over to our town and do the same stuff, but we hold them. Usually if they're convicted they're not in our jail very long before they're convicted and either put to death or sent up the road for a life sentence. I don't work in a very good area for would be criminals. Our juries are the best and have been surrounded with the soft touchy feely stuff for too long.

I suspect it will be this way everywhere before too long. Folks are getting sick of hearing about the mean old policeman. I hope that all of you are seeing that in your area too. It is extremely refreshing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2524 users online. 134 members and 2390 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X