Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The party ends at La Vergne (TN) PD

This puts dalliances at my PD to shame:

Tennessee police fired after wild accusations of cop threesome, on-duty sexual escapades

Is this how they tried to solve the recruiting crisis?

Originally posted by orangebottle View Post
    This puts dalliances at my PD to shame:

Tennessee police fired after wild accusations of cop threesome, on-duty sexual escapades

Is this how they tried to solve the recruiting crisis?
    Is that kind of stuff unusual at some police departments?

Comment

I aint gonna drop names but one department I am familiar with had some freaky deaky stuff going on (aka wife swapping and light BDSM parties amongst the rank and file...).

It was probably lots of fun, until it wasn't. Ultimately jealousy reared its head, like it always does, and wives began to divorce husbands, co-workers began to hold grudges, and a few careers ended when all the details got laid bare in the local press. Age old lesson... don't dip your pen in company ink.
      The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed.

-Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess that must be apart of their interview process. "How do you feel about department orgies and bdsm parties?".

On a side note im shocked of behavior local and state governments, as well as the federal government is ok with regarding some employees. I'm not saint, but my issues pale in comparison. It seems like when there's a particular skillset/qualification needed all sorts of concessions are made.

I am not sure concessions were made. They fired several and suspended several more. If they would have kept it away from work and told the truth if asked, probably nobody would have been fired. Bringing it to work and then telling lies is an issue.

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Even if its off work how is that not an issue worth firing someone over in your field? For discussion purposes the FBI agent who beat his wife worked in counter terror would attend all sorts of swinger parties off duty. Its a violation of policy, and continued up until he beat his wife from what I understand.

• scotty_appleton814
        scotty_appleton814 commented
        Editing a comment
        Levithane,

Was being a swinger against FBI policy? I'm sure beating your wife is an ultimate no no. But swinging? Or am I misreading your comment?

• NC Marine
        NC Marine commented
        Editing a comment
        Everyone involved should have been fired . We all know the first time you get caught, is NOT the first time you did it. We are all human, not angels, but this appeared to be an ENTIRE SHIFT sleeping together and partying, which is not a switch you simply turn off the second you step into a uniform and go on duty. Simply keeping this whole escapade off duty (which we know it would have continued on duty in some form) would not have been enough to save any of their careers.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        @scotty_appleton814 it would be considered lewd sexual activity (swinging includes group sex, trading partners, etc), and would flag in a security clearance investigation. It would also fall under their sexual misconduct policy they've left intentionally broad.

Agreed, during working hours and on Dept property was the issue.

Comment

I am not suggesting this was good choices, merely suggesting it was not tolerated once it was discovered.

Comment

They hire blind police officers in Tennessee?

Comment

Long, cold, lonely nights,………

Comment

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              Dark nights, apparently...

• NolaT
              NolaT commented
              Editing a comment
              Good one,…….ha!

Thank you for your cervix

Comment

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              ...and tonsils, apparently.

Here is another link to the story that has pictures of those involved.
            DailyMail.com can reveal Jedidiah Hall, 28, is standing by wife Maegan, 26, after the La Vergne police officer was fired for engaging in sexual relationships with multiple cops.

Comment

• NolaT
              NolaT commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed, Dark nights,,……VERY Dark nights,………

Yet another example of why it is an apocalyptically bad idea to lower hiring standards to satisfy "diversity goals".

Comment

• Joe2845
              Joe2845 commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly. As the social justice war on cops continues, it illustrates how the results are 180° from the stated goal.

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              Well spoken.

• orangebottle
              orangebottle commented
              Editing a comment
              Because sex scandals never happened 'back in the day'?

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              What time period are you referring to as "back in the day", and what's your point?

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
            Yet another example of why it is an apocalyptically bad idea to lower hiring standards to satisfy "diversity goals".
            How do you know these were diversity hires????

Comment

• Joe2845
              Joe2845 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good point; we don't. We do know, however, when standards are lowered to meet "feel good" targets, everything else is lowered. If a group of people, defined by sex or ethnicity can't compete, address the reason. Don't lower standards.

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              Bingo, Joe.

• scotty_appleton814
              scotty_appleton814 commented
              Editing a comment
              Joe2845,

Does that mean you think only a certain demographic of people should be cops? It's odd, when anyone who is not a white male screws up on or off the job, it's a few people here spearheaded by 1 person that's quick to say they were a diversity hire. But that same energy does not exist when white male cops screw up on or off the job. No one mentions any possibility of that officer being beneficiary of lowered standards. Face it. The job across the field is lowering all kinds of standards because that's what demand and low manpower is dictating be done. It is what it is.

Why be married, but have an “open marriage”?

I think these officers involved should have been fired, and the female officer should consider some therapy for whatever she has going on because it is not normal behavior. Despite the jokes and memes that come with this story (which some are funny) everyone involved here engaged in clearly unethical conduct, in their personal and professional lives. I cannot imagine with this publicity that they would find employment in LE again.

The negative attention and consequences will tarnish this agency for a long time, and no matter how much this goes on elsewhere, it is not often something like this makes national news.

John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

These types of situations pretty much ALWAYS involve one or more female officers, and/or one or more officers with alternative sexual preferences, and/or one or more officers that otherwise improve the "diversity goals" of the agency, most of which I suspect were hired for that very reason.

The way they were acting like a pack of dogs in heat, you can't tell me that all of those officers involved were properly vetted (background/psych/poly) regarding integrity and judgement.

Those of us that have any significant amount of experience under our belts, ESPECIALLY those of us that have worked in liberal places, know this and have seen it countless times over the years.

I can remember back around 1991, seeing a female sergeant choking the living $#!+ out of a female officer over some lesbian love triangle, both of them in full uniform, in full view of the public at central precinct.

I was 44 year old when I went through my last academy. I was repeatedly approached by a 22 year old female classmate with big boobs. I told her that I was flattered, but I am a happily married man. She eventually ended up getting knocked up by another classmate, life-altering drama ensued, and neither one of them graduated our class.

A few years later, when I was about 50, I worked very closely with a tall skinny blue-eyed blonde officer in her early 20s. We spent countless long nights together, often alone inside several remote substations. We were also drinking buddies at choir practice. My young wife was closer to her age than mine, and they became friends and went out for girls nights together. The three of us had some common ground, in that all three of us had been models. I had been hired as a motorcycle model, my wife had done liquor and bikini modeling, and the female officer had done international modeling. The female officer was also VERY bold. A lot of other officers fell all over themselves to do her work for her, acting like a bunch of simps every time she'd bat her eyelashes. I made her do her own work, which seemed to just make her try harder with me. It was admittedly a situation in which there were a million ways that it could have gone wrong, but I kept my fly zipped, so it didn't.

And a different young skinny blonde officer went through the department like a career-ending tornado, taking down several marriages along the way...and then wrote a book about it afterwards. She changed the names of those involved, just enough to avoid legal problems. I knew her, but we were not close. When the book came out, I felt like I had been missed by a bolt of lighting.

Comment

It’s Never worth it, but that’s the beauty of hindsight,………

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5272 users online. 269 members and 5003 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X