Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of the Polygraph

Looks interesting,…….

I think the polygraph only works if the subject hooked up to it believes that it works.

In the hands of a skilled interrogator, it would be equally effective if it were turned off.

Comment

The CVSA's history is perhaps even more interesting, considering it was developed by the CIA in an attempt to create a machine that they could use on televised/broadcast speeches and statements of world leaders to see if they were lying or not. Yes, the CVSA was basically originally designed to analyze Khrushchev's speeches to see if he was BS'ing the world.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• IroqouisB
        IroqouisB commented
        Editing a comment
        That's gold. Haha!

Originally posted by BrianT View Post
      I think the polygraph only works if the subject hooked up to it believes that it works.

In the hands of a skilled interrogator, it would be equally effective if it were turned off.

Comment

to be fair mcdonalds is an incredibly powerful interrogation tool

Comment

Originally posted by BrianT View Post

Yup 100%.

On a side note, per an DOJ OIG report, the entire thing is an "opinion".

Comment

• IroqouisB
            IroqouisB commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm too lazy to canvas for the link, but I remember reading somewhere that there's an actual "grading scale" for the line/charts of one's polygraph results. Which would imply everyone's physiological response is the same across the board, which is asinine.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            IroqouisB open the PDF, then use the search function and type in "opinion". Then you'll see what I'm referring to. If you were to confront an examiner with this since its an indisputable source, they would get angry with you because its evidence challenging the worth of their job.

The fact that this device is still around in 2023 for pre-employment purposes is astounding. It's basically a Theranos Project scam at this point. I am convinced that the device is either utilized to solicit confessions from candidates who are too afraid to google the device before game day. Or it's used as an equal opportunity lawsuit insulator to avoid discrimination practices when an agency decides to non-select someone pre-maturely in their process; to avoid wasting resources on a background investigation on someone the agency knows they don't want to hire.
          "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4730 users online. 272 members and 4458 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X