300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop to Corporate

So, I left law enforcement about 4 months ago after 6 years of being on the job; I still enjoyed the job but decided to shift gears and leave due to the lack of support from our agency and state attorney. I was fortunate enough to land a job with a large corporation in their loss prevention department. Needless to say, it has been quite the adjustment and right now I am thinking of going back into law enforcement. I actually wound up moving to another state for this job and the area I am living in now is more conservative/pro Leo, but I still need to do some research on my own and see how the surrounding agencies are. I was just wondering if anyone that has made the change has faced issues adjusting to a new career. I'm working on getting my EOT completed and plan on finding an agency that I could serve as a reserve. Just looking for some advice feel free to PM me. For reference, I left a large agency in the Central Florida area and I have relocated to Metro Atlanta, Georgia I currently live in Coweta County, Georgia. Thanks for the help and you guys that are still doing the Lord's work stay safe.

You left Florida for "lack of support" and found the Atlanta area to be more pro-LE/conservative?
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post
      You left Florida for "lack of support" and found the Atlanta area to be more pro-LE/conservative?
      No kidding.

In the entire history of Atlanta, of 59 Mayors, only two of them have been Republicans. The last one was elected in 1877.

Or to put it in other terms, in 174 years of Atlanta Mayors, only 3 years have been under a Republican Mayor. The last 145 years straight, have been under Democrat Mayors.
      Last edited by Aidokea; 11-21-2022, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

No kidding.

In the entire history of Atlanta, of 59 Mayors, only two of them have been Republicans. The last one was elected in 1877.

Or to put it in other terms, in 174 years of Atlanta Mayors, only 3 years have been under a Republican Mayor. The last 145 years straight, have been under Democrat Mayors.
        And ATL is crime Central due to these imbeciles.

Comment

No kidding.

And those mid 1800s Republicans are more ideologically similar to Democrats today. And only in the last 40 or 50 years did the ideology shift to where it is today. Odd that no one on this platform is just going around to spew political hate on the GOP. It's only this one particular member who is Democrat-obsessed. But if I was to say that GOP-area cops are less likely to be unionized with collective bargaining protections, make less money, have older or not as well equipped as urban areas, would I be telling the truth? The whole "GOP supports cops," well that's not true anymore....I could keep going on but it sounds like blah blah blah. The politicians win when we keep fighting each other.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

And those mid 1800s Republicans are more ideologically similar to Democrats today. And only in the last 40 or 50 years did the ideology shift to where it is today. Odd that no one on this platform is just going around to spew political hate on the GOP. It's only this one particular member who is Democrat-obsessed. But if I was to say that GOP-area cops are less likely to be unionized with collective bargaining protections, make less money, have older or not as well equipped as urban areas, would I be telling the truth? The whole "GOP supports cops," well that's not true anymore....I could keep going on but it sounds like blah blah blah. The politicians win when we keep fighting each other.
            That makes sense, it's why a person would choose to work in Democratic controlled areas (twice) then retire to a red state. You can't make this up.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Davis View Post

That makes sense, it's why a person would choose to work in Democratic controlled areas (twice) then retire to a red state. You can't make this up.
              I work in suburban Chicagoland. But my retirement plans are as of now, going to Arizona. It's kinda a purple state right now.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

I work in suburban Chicagoland. But my retirement plans are as of now, going to Arizona. It's kinda a purple state right now.
                I'm currently looking at property outside of Scottsdale.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

And ATL is crime Central due to these imbeciles.
                  Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Davis View Post

Democrat controlled areas HAVE to pay cops more, because it's harder to find people willing to be cops in Democrat controlled areas, and because Democrats drive up the cost of living so much.

There are Democrat cities in Democrat counties in a Democrat state offering six-figure starting wages and $40K signing bonuses, and they're still struggling to reach minimum staffing levels.

Comment

Democrat controlled areas HAVE to pay cops more, because it's harder to find people willing to be cops in Democrat controlled areas, and because Democrats drive up the cost of living so much.

There are Democrat cities in Democrat counties in a Democrat state offering six-figure starting wages and $40K signing bonuses, and they're still struggling to reach minimum staffing levels.
                      Dude, give it a rest. There are Republican cities, in Republican counties, in Republican states struggling to reach minimum staffing levels. The staffing crisis is happening all over the career field. We're all feeling that crunch, that's one issue that cares nothing about your political fanboy antics.

Comment

Originally posted by dsabusmc View Post
                        So, I left law enforcement about 4 months ago after 6 years of being on the job; I still enjoyed the job but decided to shift gears and leave due to the lack of support from our agency and state attorney. I was fortunate enough to land a job with a large corporation in their loss prevention department. Needless to say, it has been quite the adjustment and right now I am thinking of going back into law enforcement. I actually wound up moving to another state for this job and the area I am living in now is more conservative/pro Leo, but I still need to do some research on my own and see how the surrounding agencies are. I was just wondering if anyone that has made the change has faced issues adjusting to a new career. I'm working on getting my EOT completed and plan on finding an agency that I could serve as a reserve. Just looking for some advice feel free to PM me. For reference, I left a large agency in the Central Florida area and I have relocated to Metro Atlanta, Georgia I currently live in Coweta County, Georgia. Thanks for the help and you guys that are still doing the Lord's work stay safe.
                        The man said that he moved to METRO Atlanta. Not the same.

OP--Fulton County SD used to have a reserve deputy program. Unsure if they still do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5170 users online. 264 members and 4906 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X