X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Originally posted by TheTick View Post

They CANNOT restrict ammo type due to LEOSA. They CAN restrict magazine capacity because LEOSA does not address it and it therefore reverts to the state's law. I think NY is 7-round magazine capacity.
    Has there been a test case for this???

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied
    Originally posted by NolaT View Post

Definitely commonplace down here in the Deep South!
    I always carry my Benchmade automatic in my left front trouser pocket with the clip on the outside- I just have too much other stuff on my right side, so finding my knife would be much harder if I carried it on the right.

Leave a comment:

• TheTick
    replied
    Originally posted by BrianT View Post
    I think they're particular about hollow points and mag capacity up north. Curious as well to see what the NYC guys have to say.
    They CANNOT restrict ammo type due to LEOSA. They CAN restrict magazine capacity because LEOSA does not address it and it therefore reverts to the state's law. I think NY is 7-round magazine capacity.

Leave a comment:

• NolaT
    replied
    Originally posted by BrianT View Post

Good read, thanks.

I laughed at the part where you apparently can't openly carry a knife with the clip exposed. A folding knife clipped in a right front pocket is commonplace in the south.

The author didn't mention hollow points; I thought that was a "thing" up there.
    Definitely commonplace down here in the Deep South!

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Originally posted by BNWS View Post
    Are you visiting to experience the current mad max conditions that exist in Manhattan? If so don't miss riding the subway. It's a rolling psych ward, complete with someone getting pushed in front of a train every other week.
    Hey, hey, hey. That’s being culturally inappropriate.

Leave a comment:

• BNWS
    replied
    Are you visiting to experience the current mad max conditions that exist in Manhattan? If so don't miss riding the subway. It's a rolling psych ward, complete with someone getting pushed in front of a train every other week.

Leave a comment:

• BrianT
    replied
    Originally posted by Kraut0783 View Post
    https://www.police1.com/police-produ...FMzRpiy7LRxoq/

Above is a good story on LEOSA carry in NY, pretty recent...2021. I have carried many times with no issues, but I was also on official travel, so I have no experience with tourist carry.
    Good read, thanks.

I laughed at the part where you apparently can't openly carry a knife with the clip exposed. A folding knife clipped in a right front pocket is commonplace in the south.

The author didn't mention hollow points; I thought that was a "thing" up there.

Leave a comment:

• Kraut0783
    replied

Above is a good story on LEOSA carry in NY, pretty recent...2021. I have carried many times with no issues, but I was also on official travel, so I have no experience with tourist carry.

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    Post in the New York section and you will get the answers to your questions. For the most part sworn active officer can carry under HR 218. Statue of Liberty should be OK to carry as it is Fed controlled and they are, or at least were LEO friendly. Empire State Building has long been a no go except for NYPD as are other locations. Have been out of NY for years now so not absolutely up to date on all regs.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    commented on 's reply
    You and me both

• scotty_appleton814
    commented on 's reply
    Bingo buddy

• NolaT
    replied
    Ha, I’ll pass on being the sacrificial test case.

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied
    I'm thankful I live in a free part of the country- we have Constitutional Carry, so even my wife can carry with no permit, and no magazine or ammo restrictions.

Leave a comment:

• Bing_Oh
    replied
    Originally posted by EricDel View Post
    Doesn’t that federal law cover us in all these circumstances nation wide?
    Maybe...maybe not. The law is somewhat vague when it comes to many things (especially like magazine capacity and ammunition type) and permits the states leeway on restrictions. The other problem is that the law has never really been tested in court. It MIGHT overrule various state and local laws on some restrictions, but that would require a test case (and nobody wants to be the test case).

Leave a comment:

• EricDel
    replied
    Doesn’t that federal law cover us in all these circumstances nation wide?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4071 users online. 219 members and 3852 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X