300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheTick View Post

They CANNOT restrict ammo type due to LEOSA. They CAN restrict magazine capacity because LEOSA does not address it and it therefore reverts to the state's law. I think NY is 7-round magazine capacity.
    Has there been a test case for this???

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

Has there been a test case for this???
      No. Do you want to be it?
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Personally, I think I'd carry a snubby wheel gun just to keep from getting jammed up by an officer or prosecutor.

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

No and I hadn't thought about it either.

Comment

I would pick a different vacation. The new activist DA is more concerned with the helping criminals than the victims. Manhattan has become the no go zone that it was in my youth.

Comment

Sure... and I'll sue their nuts off. I'm never for getting cops/DAs, etc jammed up for non-sense, but it's long past due for cops to know how LEOSA affects their jurisdiction. If any cop did anything other than detain me long enough to verify me, then we'd have a problem. If a cop made a physical arrest of me for carrying HST and/or a DA put the charges through, they'd be paying off my shore house.
              If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Comment

• GoldBadge
                GoldBadge commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Tickster!

• TheTick
                TheTick commented
                Editing a comment
                What's cracking, brother?

I would not be in a hurry to press or even be involved in Any type of litigation against any liberal state DA.

I imagine that the NRA, or another active group would pick up the case for you, but if they don’t, this whole process and all time, travel and legal expenses are on you, and will quickly drown you; I’d prefer to read about it,…..

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post
                I would not be in a hurry to press or even be involved in Any type of litigation against any liberal state DA.

I imagine that the NRA, or another active group would pick up the case for you, but if they don’t, this whole process and all time, travel and legal expenses are on you, and will quickly drown you; I’d prefer to read about it,…..
                Yep. The last thing any LEO wants is his/her name attached to a high-profile court case.
                "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post

Yep. The last thing any LEO wants is his/her name attached to a high-profile court case.
                  Yea, even if you win................you will loose a lot
                  My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I wonder how the trip went.....

Comment

I saw a jpatt on Gofundme asking for legal help…

Comment

Sure... and I'll sue their nuts off. I'm never for getting cops/DAs, etc jammed up for non-sense, but it's long past due for cops to know how LEOSA affects their jurisdiction. If any cop did anything other than detain me long enough to verify me, then we'd have a problem. If a cop made a physical arrest of me for carrying HST and/or a DA put the charges through, they'd be paying off my shore house.
                        Probably not.

Every time state law changes, somebody has to decide how that change interacts with LEOSA... usually by arresting somebody.

The prevailing opinion seems to be that since LEOSA doesn't address magazine capacity state law prevails.

Since there doesn't seem to have been a test case yet, you can either play it safe or risk being that test case... and you won't successfully sue anybody or own anything, because the principle hasn't been established yet.
                        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Utter typical BS.

Comment

Probably not.

Every time state law changes, somebody has to decide how that change interacts with LEOSA... usually by arresting somebody.

The prevailing opinion seems to be that since LEOSA doesn't address magazine capacity state law prevails.

Since there doesn't seem to have been a test case yet, you can either play it safe or risk being that test case... and you won't successfully sue anybody or own anything, because the principle hasn't been established yet.
                            That's my understanding as well. If I went back to NY, I'd be inclined to take a wheel gun.

Comment

Originally posted by EricDel View Post
                              Doesn’t that federal law cover us in all these circumstances nation wide?
                              yes it does

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1621 users online. 117 members and 1504 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X