Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if you want to move out, it doesn't look like it will take much to get you to where you need to be regarding the PT test.

I've known a number of guys who never wanted to promote, which is fine.

What is not fine is sticking around and being a cancer to your department.

Decide what you want to do and drive on.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
      Well, if you want to move out, it doesn't look like it will take much to get you to where you need to be regarding the PT test.

I've known a number of guys who never wanted to promote, which is fine.

What is not fine is sticking around and being a cancer to your department.

Decide what you want to do and drive on.
      I wouldn’t refer to myself as a cancer. If I’m a cancer then the NYPD is 90% carcinogenic. I’m not a unique case, you can google low morale in the NYPD and see plenty of articles of how cops leave in droves for other departments

Comment

Many cops join the NYPD with the intention of moving on. The pension transfers to other jobs.

Comment

I'd hold on as long as possible before transferring South, where your pension would be be a Lot,.....like crazy LEO money.

Comment

Originally posted by columbia09 View Post

I took it last summer and I workout twice a week. When the next test comes I’ll hire a trainer. Two push-ups cost me a lot and a great job that’s much better then what I have now
            This always amazes me how people who "say" they want to be a cop yet fail a PT test "by just a couple of sit-ups or push-ups." Then, another hiring process comes around and the same people ask us about the PT test, saying they wish they had a heads up we were going to start a process so they could have gotten in shape. **** on that. No reason you (or them) are not working on that year-round anyway. Move along, sounds like you're done with law enforcement.
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

• columbia09
              columbia09 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well messing up on two push-ups I wouldn’t say is a complete failure or a failure to work on it all year.

i took it last summer and i workout twice a week. When the next test comes i’ll hire a trainer. Two push-ups cost me a lot and a great job that’s much better then what i have now
            how many push-ups did you do?

Comment

• columbia09
              columbia09 commented
              Editing a comment
              It was two under what I needed to do I don’t have the exact number and it was the third component

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm calling BS.

I always knew EXACTLY what the standard was, as well as my performance. I remember how many push-ups and sit-ups I did and what my 1.5 mile run time was when I tested out of my last academy 15 years ago. I remember my numbers from when I tested for the SWAT teams 8 years ago.

Is this just not that important to you, or is there something else going on that you haven't told us about?

• columbia09
              columbia09 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well good for you then

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              Re-read this thread, Skippy. Just about all of us are seeing the same thing in you.

I wouldn’t refer to myself as a cancer. If I’m a cancer then the NYPD is 90% carcinogenic. I’m not a unique case, you can google low morale in the NYPD and see plenty of articles of how cops leave in droves for other departments
            And I didn't mean for you to infer that's what I was saying. If you stay as an officer, don't become a cancer to your organization.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2368 users online. 130 members and 2238 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X