Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Police Dept's in the state of FL that have police officers working in twos?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Police Dept's in the state of FL that have police officers working in twos?

Which police departments in Florida do you recommend to apply to for someone trying to into the state? thanks
    Last edited by madly94; 11-11-2021, 06:45 PM.

Why is a two man car so important?

Comment

• darkhorse6
      darkhorse6 commented
      Editing a comment
      The movie End of Watch… that’s why.

Generally none as far as I know. You can't cut the car in half for you to both take it home at the end of the shift.

As far as where to apply, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Comment

I am not aware of any police departments in Florida that ride two to a car. Most agencies here have take home cars.

On a side note, the governor is currently working on a program that would give out of state officers a $5,000.00 bonus to come here to work. There is also talk of providing financial assistance to convert an out of state officer's certification to a Florida certification.

Comment

Adam-12,.......?

Other than an FTO or an uncertified reserve officer, I can't imagine the luxury of a two officer unit.

Even in a fully staffed shift, the spot would be better utilized as a roaming back up unit.

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post
          Adam-12,.......?

Other than an FTO or an uncertified reserve officer, I can't imagine the luxury of a two officer unit.

Even in a fully staffed shift, the spot would be better utilized as a roaming back up unit.
          C'mon. Every cop should be assigned an ESO (emotional support officer).

Comment

2 to a car is unheard of in rural Iowa.

The 3 or 4 larger cities do it but everywhere else ........not happening

In my agency of aprox 550 square miles MOST shifts we have 3 to 4 TOTAL officers working . That is Sheriff's office, & 2 towns that have their own officers.

Get down in the SE part of the county and backup is at least 15 minute away at 120 mph.
            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Ugh! I've always wanted to be solo. I could handle a partner every now and then or a ride along, but I 'd go crazy if I had a partner. Also, having two officers isn't instant officer safety. If you look at the officer down memorial page at odmp.org you will see where two officers are killed on traffics stops. I still scratch my head at that, but it is the reality.

Comment

When I worked a gang-infested area in Portland Oregon in the early '90s, the most dangerous districts were 2-man cars, because virtually everything we did required more than one officer. There was an area in inner Northeast called "the void" that we didn't go into with less than four officers, including a rear guard with a shotgun.

That said, I really appreciate the ability to fart in the car without another officer present. Especially as I drive slowly to jail with all the windows rolled up, to lodge my prisoner.

Comment

In New york City the sector cars have two cops. For the most part you can pick your steady partner provided you are competent and are productive. When my partner went on vacation I would volunteer for the s**t jobs like guarding sick prisoners or waiting with a dead body for the morgue to show up. I would rather do that then work with the problem children.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2185 users online. 109 members and 2076 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X