300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impersonanation

(6/14/07 - KTRK/BAYTOWN, TX) - He went to pick up his child from a local elementary school. But it's what he was wearing -- and what he had with him -- which led to a man now facing charges.

The father is charged with possessing a firearm in a restricted place. Police say he told teachers at the school that he was a sheriff's deputy. As we found out, this isn't the first time he's pretended to be a cop.

According to investigators, Vernon Pfitzner tried to convince staff at De Zavala Elementary that he's a sheriff's deputy. We ran in to Vernon Pfitzner just hours after he was released from jail on bond. He refused to answer our questions on camera.

Investigators say two days ago, Pfitzner had brought his son to the elementary school for gifted and talented testing, but it didn't take long for teachers to become suspicious

Goose Creek ISD spokesperson Kathy Clausen said, "After a little while staff became suspicious of his behavior, and it was then noted that he had on a black shirt with white lettering saying 'sheriff,' and he had a handgun and handcuffs."

Baytown police were called, and when Pfitzner was arrested, officers found that he had also taken a DVD player and a radio from the school. After a little further investigation, they realized this isn't the first time Pfitzner tried to play cop.

"We dealt with him in the month of March, sometime in a minor traffic accident, and he also identified himself as a sheriff's deputy," recalled Det. Mike Holden with the Baytown Police Department.

As for what he really does, investigators say Pfitzner is a contractor in between jobs. The school district did send letters home to parents.

If you've had dealings with this man or anyone else pretending to be a cop, Baytown police want to hear from you.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5396381

this guy is scary stuff. May he get behind bars very soon....
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Man, you just can't get a really high bond in Harris County for the life of anyone!!
    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I may drive a factory direct fully marked 07 Crown Vic Interceptor with "POLICE - SPECIAL SQUIRELL OPERATIONS UNIT, complete with a full low profile light bard, led exposed grille lights, wig-wags, 12 hide away strobes, 6 deck lights, a traffic directional bar, twin 200 watt speakers, a rear message marque, a pushbar, two 3 million candlepower spotlights, CB radio that has POLEECE painted on it, handcuffs, a BB gun, standard police issue rims, a prisoner cage, a loop of the cops soundtrack in the CD player, and I may wear an old dark blue mcdonalds visor with a navy uniform I found on ebay, but I draw the line at stealing from the public I pretend to serve!

Comment

Impersonation? He's not very good at it, is he?
        If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

I'll bet they start finding a lot more people that have had run ins with this nut job.
          This is the kind of guy that if something were to happen he would run and hide. Then the calls would be coming in that a police officer ran and hid when people needed his help. Try to contain that news frenzy!
          Last edited by irishdep; 06-15-2007, 07:27 AM.
          "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by michiganDT View Post
            I may drive a factory direct fully marked 07 Crown Vic Interceptor with "POLICE - SPECIAL SQUIRELL OPERATIONS UNIT, complete with a full low profile light bard, led exposed grille lights, wig-wags, 12 hide away strobes, 6 deck lights, a traffic directional bar, twin 200 watt speakers, a rear message marque, a pushbar, two 3 million candlepower spotlights, CB radio that has POLEECE painted on it, handcuffs, a BB gun, standard police issue rims, a prisoner cage, a loop of the cops soundtrack in the CD player, and I may wear an old dark blue mcdonalds visor with a navy uniform I found on ebay, but I draw the line at stealing from the public I pretend to serve!
            ROFL....that is good.

This POS needs to have the book thrown at him, and no more guns.
            and as far as bonds thats the jusges thoughts.
            ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
            Oscar Wilde

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6221 users online. 349 members and 5872 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X