Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levithane
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah but the arresting authority has to have evidence proving insurrection IE something showing the accused was going to undo the election and or attempt/suggest they were going to harm an elected official (IE a social media post).

Now if you had someone like the proud boys, three percenters, or oathkeepers show up and attempt to overthrow the government than yeah that would constitute an it being an insurrection since those are designated organizations/groups. The problem you have with the January 6th thing is that it was disorganized and seemed to be all over the place.

• BlueLou
    replied
    Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
    The only trouble with the "insurrection" is nobody told the participants it was an insurrection.
    I am assuming some did not have any malicious intent there, but the ones asking to kill politicians and undo the election seem to be on that page. Even if they don't have access to Webster's Dictionary.

An individual does not need to know the legal term for a crime in order to bechargbe charged for it. I may be mistaken I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• OneAdam12
    replied
    The only trouble with the "insurrection" is nobody told the participants it was an insurrection.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post

I hate to break this to you but time, place, and manner restrictions on the 1A have been upheld as constitutional. A permit can most certainly be required for peaceful assembly.
    As has MANY other "exceptions" to many other of the Bill of Rights.

Leave a comment:

• Ex Army MP
    replied
    Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post

Freedom of speech and peaceably assembly does not require a permit, even if you don't agree with the message being conveyed. The government restricting speech by requiring permission is just as bad as eliminating free speech all together.
    I hate to break this to you but time, place, and manner restrictions on the 1A have been upheld as constitutional. A permit can most certainly be required for peaceful assembly.

Leave a comment:

• Bing_Oh
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    ”Boy”? Reported for racism.
    Did to just seriously quote save me? I haven’t deleted a post in the 15+ years I’ve been on this board and I’m certainly not gonna start because you think a quote from a fictional space slug in Return of the Jedi is “racist.” And, just for the record, I don’t think I’ll be going through any hiring processes at this late phase of my career, so I doubt your quote save will be beneficial to any BI’s in the near future.

I actually hope you did really report that post as “racist.” If O.com suspends or bans me for that, I’ll take it as a sign from the gods to leave this ghost town.

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    commented on 's reply
    Like I said, go test it in court.

I'm not going down that rabbit hole with you.

• Bing_Oh
    replied
    Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
    Well, you go take a trip to D.C., try to walk into the Capitol building while holding up a political sign and brandishing a fire arm.

Then argue in court that the federal government violated your First and Second Amendment rights.

Let us know how that works out for you...

[FYI -- There are designated demonstration areas on Capitol grounds. Groups over 20 require a permit. The inside of all congressional buildings and the steps in front of the Capitol are amongst the restricted areas. No demonstrations of any size are permitted in those areas. Seems reasonable to me.]
    Freedom of speech and peaceably assembly does not require a permit, even if you don't agree with the message being conveyed. The government restricting speech by requiring permission is just as bad as eliminating free speech all together.

Leave a comment:

• Bing_Oh
    replied
    It’s too bad you never made it as a cop. You might actually have learned something.
    You are interesting, CCCSD. I've seen many a "like" on my comments from you in the past but, now that I disagree with you, I "never made it as a cop" and need to "learn something."

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied

[Rolleyes] I've been around here long enough to be immune to your baseless snark, CCCSD. Or, as Jabba the Hutt said, "Your mind powers will not work on me, boy."
    “Boy”? Reported for racism.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied

[Rolleyes] I've been around here long enough to be immune to your baseless snark, CCCSD. Or, as Jabba the Hutt said, "Your mind powers will not work on me, boy."

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    replied

Because the Federal government never passed a law/ordinance/rule that violated the Constitution, right?
    Well, you go take a trip to D.C., try to walk into the Capitol building while holding up a political sign and brandishing a fire arm.

Then argue in court that the federal government violated your First and Second Amendment rights.

Let us know how that works out for you...

[FYI -- There are designated demonstration areas on Capitol grounds. Groups over 20 require a permit. The inside of all congressional buildings and the steps in front of the Capitol are amongst the restricted areas. No demonstrations of any size are permitted in those areas. Seems reasonable to me.]

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied

It’s too bad you never made it as a cop. You might actually have learned something.

Leave a comment:

• Bing_Oh
    replied
    Oh those pesky laws…never let them get in the way of smashing and looting and beating cops…

Leave a comment:

• Bing_Oh
    replied
    Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
    You might want to do some research on what is and is not permitted inside the Capitol and on Capitol grounds.
    Because the Federal government never passed a law/ordinance/rule that violated the Constitution, right?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1898 users online. 123 members and 1775 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X