X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCCSD
    replied
    Originally posted by Georgetime View Post

I don't see what "ability" she had whatsoever, she wasn't armed and she didn't act in a manner that suggested she was. She was around 5'6" and 135 lbs, unarmed. The coward was a veritable hulk by comparison. The coward went on ABC and did an interview and said he "feared for his life". Because he was confronted by an obviously unarmed woman in the middle of stepping through a broken window. He is an absolute failure and should have been the first one to eat his own gun. Assuming for the sake of argument that you are correct, you need the third side of the triangle: "Opportunity". It's not "2 out of 3", gotta have all three. He didn't. Again, had she made it through the door and rushed the chamber with a ton of people behind her, yeah, maybe then it would have been a clean shoot. Maybe if he'd have warned her, she'd have stopped. But he didn't. The clearing of the coward was purely political. The officer was black, the victim was white and was politically from a class of people that are being dehumanized daily in the media and have been for the last 4 1/2 years (which is undeniable).
    Continuing to smash the window and climb through, refusing to obey the lawful orders of the Agent, during an overwhelming attack against police and directed verbally to access restricted spaces with protected politicians who had no escape route.

And I wasn’t even there.

Leave a comment:

• Ex Army MP
    replied

Well, cowards gotta stick together, so...
    Then why aren't you and the rest of MAGA nation onboard?

Leave a comment:

• Georgetime
    replied
    Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post

Cool. Now that we know his name I am writing my Congressman and requesting that a federal holiday be named after him.
    Well, cowards gotta stick together, so...

Leave a comment:

• Ex Army MP
    replied
    Originally posted by iconoclaste View Post
    NBC interview with officer who shot Ashli Babbitt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuByQ7Pp5Gg
    Cool. Now that we know his name I am writing my Congressman and requesting that a federal holiday be named after him.

Leave a comment:

• iconoclaste
    replied
    NBC interview with officer who shot Ashli Babbitt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuByQ7Pp5Gg

Leave a comment:

• Georgetime
    replied
    Originally posted by iconoclaste View Post

Maybe Conservatives should take a look in the mirror and face the truth about why so many Americans hate Donald Trump and what he stands for instead of crying and whining about some made up fraud bs.
    Nobody is "crying and whining" here, buddy boy... Just sitting back with my feet up, smoking a fine cigar and saying "I told you so". I mean they literally installed a dude with late stage dementia, a guy who had to drop out of the 1988 race when it came to light he was a serial plagiarist and that he repeatedly lied about his academic record. The guy can't string together a coherent thought or sentence without a teleprompter and usually not even WITH one. How did you think that was going to turn out? Now we've got woke generals more concerned about hunting the shadows of the ghosts of "white supremacy" in the ranks and paying for troops to mutilate their genitals than being combat ready and planning to execute effective strategy. Boy, some mean tweets sure would be good right about now, don't ya think?

I mean who among us can reasonably argue that it's a good thing to have at the helm of the free world a guy who screams "My butt's been wiped!" when asked a question?

His approval ratings leaving office were one of the lowest ever to be recorded.
    A rational person might chalk that up to the constant drumbeat against him that saw a completely fabricated hoax investigation drag on for FOUR YEARS, to result in the admission by Mueller that there was absolutely no evidence of any "RusSiaN c0lLusi0N". The machine didn't think he could win in 2016. When he did, they made sure to do everything in their power to make sure it didn't happen again, including suppressing the Burisma and Hunter Biden laptop stories and rampant cheating in the 2020 election. AFTER the election they say "Oops, yeah, the Hunter Biden thing was real, even though we said it wasn't". They knew better, they just weren't going to let anything interfere with the selection of their guy. And they didn't.
    Last edited by Georgetime; 08-27-2021, 07:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Georgetime
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    Intent and ability…she had those going on.
    I don't see what "ability" she had whatsoever, she wasn't armed and she didn't act in a manner that suggested she was. She was around 5'6" and 135 lbs, unarmed. The coward was a veritable hulk by comparison. The coward went on ABC and did an interview and said he "feared for his life". Because he was confronted by an obviously unarmed woman in the middle of stepping through a broken window. He is an absolute failure and should have been the first one to eat his own gun. Assuming for the sake of argument that you are correct, you need the third side of the triangle: "Opportunity". It's not "2 out of 3", gotta have all three. He didn't. Again, had she made it through the door and rushed the chamber with a ton of people behind her, yeah, maybe then it would have been a clean shoot. Maybe if he'd have warned her, she'd have stopped. But he didn't. The clearing of the coward was purely political. The officer was black, the victim was white and was politically from a class of people that are being dehumanized daily in the media and have been for the last 4 1/2 years (which is undeniable).

Leave a comment:

• Georgetime
    replied
    Deleted duplicate post.
    Last edited by Georgetime; 08-27-2021, 07:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Intent and ability…she had those going on.

Leave a comment:

• Levithane
    replied
    Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post

I'm not sure I can agree with this.

The use of deadly force is restricted to response to an immediate threat of serious physical harm or death by the offender. To justify it, you would have to show that Babbit fit those criteria...that she represented an immediate threat of serious physical harm or death through her actions. You can't "assume" that she's armed or that her backpack was full of explosives and use that as part of your justification without something more..."what if'ing" would pretty much open it up for any LEO to execute anyone at will. Likewise, the fact that the officer was protecting members or staff of Congress doesn't decrease the requirements for the use of deadly force.

So, with all of the above being said, he would have to justify his use of deadly force (remember that self defense is an affirmative defense, to the burden would be on the officer) within the criteria of 1. Immediacy, 2. Threat of serious physical harm or death, and 3. By the offender in question (Babbit). If it doesn't fit the criteria, it's not an appropriate use of deadly force under law and his actions were criminal.
    you're more educated than me on the whole topic, the difference being this all occurred on Federal property in the Capitol. If someone is employed as an officer in that area of the country they could probably shed more light on when they are allowed to shoot someone in DC. I only say this because DC is treated as its own animal. As far as identifying the person who did it I have never seen the name of a federal officer released who was involved in a shooting. Theres a youtube channel "Federal LE careers", done by a retired DEA agent and he detailed the whole process of what happens when a shooting occurs. I don't remember which video it is, but it was described as there being far less exposure of the persons identity to the public. Meanwhile a state or local officer is involved in shooting and his or her name is out in the public sphere within 24 hours.

Leave a comment:

• iconoclaste
    replied

Audits notwithstanding, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona for anybody who believes a dementia patient who couldn't draw a crowd of flies if he was knee deep in dog crap somehow got THE MOST VOTES IN HISTORY. Especially when you consider his running mate is universally reviled and failed to net 2% of the vote in her home state during the Democrat primaries.
    Yep. That's how much American's hate Trump. He's one of the most reviled politicians (probably the most) in all of American history. His approval ratings leaving office were one of the lowest ever to be recorded. He was an awful president, and will be remembered as one of the worst ever. And the poll numbers are proof positive of that.

Maybe Conservatives should take a look in the mirror and face the truth about why so many Americans hate Donald Trump and what he stands for instead of crying and whining about some made up fraud bs.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    I think it’s pretty cool that Trump worked with isis to attack HKIA and divert attention away from this…

Leave a comment:

• Georgetime
    replied
    Originally posted by hold the air View Post

Resident leftist? Although I believe Zion Don the Con is playing his part in the scam; there’s some overwhelming evidence the election was stolen
    Audits notwithstanding, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona for anybody who believes a dementia patient who couldn't draw a crowd of flies if he was knee deep in dog crap somehow got THE MOST VOTES IN HISTORY. Especially when you consider his running mate is universally reviled and failed to net 2% of the vote in her home state during the Democrat primaries.

Leave a comment:

• Bing_Oh
    replied
    Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
    He has not been criminally charged, and the professional conduct investigation exonerated him. He was able to articulate what needed to be articulated. That's good enough for me.

Take politics out of it, and we'd all be justifying this officer's actions.
    Actually, you'll notice that I said absolutely nothing about politics...though your repeated mentionings of it would indicate that it has at least some influence on your viewpoint of the incident.

Since you happen to bring up politics, though, there is a certain political aspect to the incident that cannot be ignored. Specifically, you'll note that the officer has yet to be identified. In this day and age, when officers are identified almost immediately after a shooting (and long before the details of the case are investigated), that brings into question whether the officer is being shielded for political reasons. Even if he isn't, the perception isn't good...at the very least, it fuels theories from those with political viewpoints that the investigation may not have been conducted impartially.

Leave a comment:

• hold the air
    replied
    Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
    The difficulty in proven the crime of insurrection is determining who played what role and what, if any, coordination there was among actors. But I will offer you a few thoughts:

1) the presence of protestors there and subsequent attack on the capitol, which I think is a fair characterization, was based upon two lies from a narcissist. The first lie was that the election was stolen. The second lie, and an even bigger one, was that Mike Pence had the power to change the outcome. Because when it became apparent that he wasn't going to, that's when the frustrated low IQ MAGAs took their anger out on Congress trying to do its job, hence the chants " hang Mike Pence".

2) Ashli Babbit's death was justified and the officer who shot her deserves an award. I cannot for the life of me understand why there is little to no support for this patriot on sites like this.

3) Ashl Babbit is a terrorist and the world is a better place without her.

4) MAGA is a terrorist organization.

5) Any LE who were involved in this, even those whose offenses were mere trespass, need to be fired and do some jail time.

6) Anyone who still supports Trump needs to have his/her head examined and is an un-American POS.

This about sums up my thoughts on January 6th. I wish the OP and others would stop making excuses for these turds and come back to reality, your opinions of whether this meets the definition of an "insurrection" notwithstanding.
    Resident leftist? Although I believe Zion Don the Con is playing his part in the scam; there’s some overwhelming evidence the election was stolen

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4948 users online. 317 members and 4631 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X