300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tragedy again

During the funeral procession today for DFC Hilary Mayo Jr. (St.Tammany Parish Sheriffs Office),during a severe thunderstorm and possible mini tornadoe a tree fell on a St.Tammany police unit .CPR was performed on the female deputy,It does not look good according to my deputy ,who was directly behind her and was in fact prevented from exiting his unit to assist due to the tree.I was approximately 1/2 mile further behind and was unabel to access.Will post more as it is learned,prayers please,

EDIT. Just spoke to my deputy,the female was a passenger and was airlifted to a hospital in Baton Rouge,the driver (male) has passed on R.I.P.
    Last edited by mavriktu; 06-13-2007, 06:37 PM.
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

I am so sorry. My prayers are with her and all of you in the department. God bless.
    They're called 'learning opportunities'.

Comment

My deepest prayers for all the officer's and their families.

Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

I beleive that is my deputy in the left background.He is really upset he couldnt get there.
        Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

OH MAN...so sad. R.I.P.

Comment

Here is what is being released.
            STAFF PHOTO BY CHUCK COOK
            The funeral of Deputy First Class Hilery Mayo Jr. of the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office Wednesday, June 13, 2007. He was killed, while on duty, Saturday, June 9, 2007, in a vehicle accident. A State trooper investigates an accident on 21st Ave. in Covington where a large pine tree fell during a thunderstorm, crushing a St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's car and injuring two deputies.
            St. Tammany bureau

Two St. Tammany Parish sheriff's deputies were injured Wednesday in Covington when a tree fell on a patrol car during the funeral procession for a fellow deputy who died in a weekend auto accident.

The names and conditions of the deputies have not been released by the Sheriff's Office. The officers were taken to St. Tammany Parish Hospital.

The miles-long funeral procession for Deputy Hilery Mayo was moving through Covington when a violent thunderstorm swept through St. Tammany Parish and knocked down numerous trees from Slidell to Covington. A large pine tree hit a patrol car on 21st Avenue, crushing the top of the vehicle.

The storms moved into St. Tammany from north to south at about 4 p.m.

Many trees are reported down in the area around Fielding Funeral Home and along 15th Avenue on the western side of Covington.

The Lake Pontchartrain Causeway was closed from 4:20 to 4:58 p.m., with wind gusts at 50 to 60 mph.

Hail the size of pennies, or 3/4 inch in diameter, fell at the Slidell office of the National Weather Service, where the thunderstorm blew gusts of 51 mph, according to meterologist Mike Shields. The office issued a severe thunderstorm warning, he said.

Meterologist Jim Vasilj said the storm didn't spawn a twister. "It wasn't a tornado; it looks like it was just severe thunderstorm winds," he said.

Quarter-inch size hail also fell in and around Covington at about 4 p.m., he added, but he had no estimate for wind speeds in the Covington area.

Comment

wow... that is so tragic... my thoughts are with all those involved in this sad accident...

Comment

Man that is just awful. They're in my prayers.

Comment

My thoughts and Prayers to the Family and Sheriffs Office
                  IGNORE LIST - Banastretarlton AKA "banana boy"

"In the fields of observation chance favors only prepared mind"
                  -----Louis Pasteur

"Sweat in training saves blood on the battlefield."

-------Col. David "Hack" Hackworth

On my 7 year old 2nd Grade Class wall

------------YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOUR OWN ACTIONS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6817 users online. 365 members and 6452 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X