• Show
Clear All

• Open letter from a cop

i found this on creigs list, check it out, its great

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/dal/316206178.html

Originally posted by spiff2022 View Post
    i found this on creigs list, check it out, its great

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/dal/316206178.html
    Looks like a college sophmore journalism student wrote that one.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Sorry....I couldn't read past the first two F bombs. It's annoying. Anyone wanna give me the Reader's Digest version?

Comment

Seems like someone had a bad day and wanted to vent. While I'm not sure it's a good idea to post that on craigslist, I can understand his points. Seems like he's just getting some things off his chest and trying to explain that we are all human. BTW it was kind of humorous in parts
        I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by IMachU View Post
          Sorry....I couldn't read past the first two F bombs. It's annoying. Anyone wanna give me the Reader's Digest version?
          Reader's Digest Version.

P.S.- This is edited for language only, I am not going to spend the time to fix all of his spelling and grammar issues...

Attached Files

Comment

I'm not bagging on you at all but it's interesting how someone in your line of work is still offended or annoyed (at least to the point of not reading an article) by cursing. Seems ironic. heh

Comment

Originally posted by Conner View Post
              I'm not bagging on you at all but it's interesting how someone in your line of work is still offended or annoyed (at least to the point of not reading an article) by cursing. Seems ironic. heh
              I think what IMachU is trying to say, is that there are times for the "F Word" and times when it is just gratuitous and relatively useless. Yes, we hear that word every day, sometimes directed at us, sometimes used by us, but that doesn't mean we want to hear it or read it if we don't have to. Believe it or not, most of us out there don't use the "F Word" all of the time, nor do we wish to hear it used in polite conversation, in polite society. Most folks who use that word frequently are hiding something, and we don't really wish to deal with them all the time if we don't have to. If you ever become a cop Conner, you may understand this.

While I tend to agree with LeanG's take on this, it does raise a few points that I have to agree and take sides with. Though why it was on Craigslist, I really have no idea...
              Last edited by EMVAMPYRE; 06-13-2007, 05:50 AM.
              Carpe Noctem

Comment

Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
                I think what IMachU is trying to say, is that there are times for the "F Word" and times when it is just gratuitous and relatively useless. Yes, we hear that word every day, sometimes directed at us, sometimes used by us, but that doesn't mean we want to hear it or read it if we don't have to. Believe it or not, most of us out there don't use the "F Word" all of the time, nor do we wish to hear it used in polite conversation, in polite society. Most folks who use that word frequently are hiding something, and we don't really wish to deal with them all the time if we don't have to. If you ever become a cop Conner, you may understand this.

While I tend to agree with LeanG's take on this, it does raise a few points that I have to agree and take sides with. Though why it was on Craigslist, I really have no idea...
                I totally agree with this statement.Even though I gave Tim Dees some good natured ribbing about this subject ,(language filter thread) I have to agree that sometimes you need the language for emphasis,but 95% of the time there IS an alternative.
                Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Wasn't written by a cop. See Snopes.com.
                  As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

Went to a Verbal Judo course, one of the best and most helpful LE class I've been to.

The instructor (Thompson, or whatever...the guy who wrote the book and came up with the idea) said, "When I first became a cop, I decided I wasn't going to take any s**t off anyone. But folks, we're in the s**t-taking business."

Unfortunately that's true. But he teaches ways to deflect that kind of thing. I doubt the guy who wrote it was a cop, of if so, he was a rookie cop.

Snopes seems to keep an eye out for frauds.
                    "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
                      Well, someone understood my sarcasm....thanks EMVAMPYRE!

Comment

if that was written by a cop,, it was one that is suspentd or being fired.
                        Yes thats alot of the aftermath conversations, but no cop is gonna put it out ther like that.

and yes, mispronoucing my name is right up there with kicking the puppy.
                        ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                        Oscar Wilde

Comment

I agree, not for public disemination. (even if meant as humor)
                          I am a Native American of non-Indian decent.

Cleaning the pool, one gene at a time.

I'm on a 30 day diet. So far I've lost 15 days!

Comment

Well, someone understood my sarcasm....thanks EMVAMPYRE!
                            Anytime brother, anytime...I'm going to have to figure a way to get down south and buy you a cup one of these days...
                            Carpe Noctem

Comment

A response: http://dallas.craigslist.org/rnr/350551043.html

Reply to: [email protected]
                              Date: 2007-06-12, 12:37PM CDT

I read the open letter from a cop that made it into the "Best of" craigslist. Sir, I'm sure you are just like the rest of us, having your good days and your ****ty days. The difference, however, is the power you are able to wield in the process.

As for me, I'm tired of watching you cut me off in traffic while talking on your cell phone, too busy to signal or heck - see if anyone is in the lane you are taking over. I'm tired of you speeding past me, sans lights or sirens. The very things you would not hesitate to pull me over and write me a ticket for. But you, you're special and can do whatever the **** you want.

I'm tired of cops pulling people over for nothing. Deny the existence of quotas all you want. They exist. As much as my law abiding boyfriend loves handing over his money for nothing, it was complete bull**** that you gave him a ticket for not wearing his seatbelt. He always wears his seatbelt. If he moves his car in the parking lot, he has on his seat belt. But I guess you needed to write a ticket that day. And despite the fact that he wasn't speeding, had on his seatbelt and was obeying all other traffic laws, you pulled a reason out of your *** and handed the ticket over, being a complete jerk the entire time.

You can count on the fact that we don't get paid to show up for court like you do. We have to take off work and go before a judge who is more likely to believe your lying *** than the truth. You can count on the fact that most of us, beaten down by the "system", will sadly realize that it is cheaper and less trouble to just pay the ticket.

I am sure there are good cops out there. I used to be the person to defend you. But I've seen enough. You want people to be nicer to you? Give us a reason. And get off your damn phone and check your mirrors before you change lanes in front of me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5620 users online. 399 members and 5221 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X