300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COPS (the TV show) News

I began watching the TV show COPS when it first aired in the 1980s. Though attitudes about the show vary, for me it fostered enough interest in police work that it eventually led to a career I truly enjoy. I doubt I missed an episode over its 30+ year history. So I was a bit saddened to hear the creator of the show, John Langley, recently passed away.

In reading about his passing, I learned production has "quietly" resumed for new episodes. They began filming in Spokane County, WA, to fulfill international contracts for new content. There's no information about whether the show will ever return to the U.S.

Learning there are international versions of the show got me wondering if any of that content is available here in the USA. Anyone know of ways to watch any of those international versions here?

I would actually pay money not to watch television shows about police work...

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny how that works. I used to love legal dramas until I went to law school. I also stopped watching crime/police shows when I became a PO.

I can’t watch fake cops shows, even ones I used to like.

...and don’t understand watching “real” ones.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Yeah, that would be about as much fun as a retired ditch digger watching a TV show depicting ditch diggers digging ditches...

Comment

Eh
        It's entertainment.

I still enjoy Emergency!, after being in EMS work for nearly 50 yrs. Same with LE

The one I have trouble with is Station 19.................and I have never been a real firefighter (although I was cross trained a bit yrs ago)

COPS did 2 different stints at Des Miones Ia.......I knew a lot of the officers shown and most of the locations filmed.....It was fun
        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          Eh
          It's entertainment.

I still enjoy Emergency!, after being in EMS work for nearly 50 yrs. Same with LE

The one I have trouble with is Station 19.................and I have never been a real firefighter (although I was cross trained a bit yrs ago)

COPS did 2 different stints at Des Miones Ia.......I knew a lot of the officers shown and most of the locations filmed.....It was fun
          I have similar feelings about the show, and others like it. I can admit that watching COPS gave me some early education on what to do as an officer...and, more importantly, what NOT to do (street-side lectures to handcuffed persons, for example, or jumping over a bridge railing without first seeing how far down it was).

Speaking of Des Moines and what not to do -- has the squad-stuck-on-the-railroad guy retired yet?

Comment

I still enjoy COPS, but for nastalgia.

I only watch the ones filmed in the medium sized southern cities in the mid-late 90s and early 2000s. I used to watch it with my father and grandfather; I'm fifth generation (on both sides) including my grandmother! It takes me back to a time when I wanted to be LE so bad, and now I get to live my childhood dream...although its a total cluster **** right now. Its always been like that though.

The new episodes are lame as ****. I need some crazy vehicular pursuit over no turn signal, or a crazy UoF because of drunk in public like Atlanta and Chattanooga PD in the late 90s
            Last edited by chapmanp1; 06-30-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I use to like watching COPS until I noticed some of it was fake with some really bad acting and editing.

Comment

Originally posted by orangebottle View Post

Speaking of Des Moines and what not to do -- has the squad-stuck-on-the-railroad guy retired yet?
                A friend of a good friend of mine. He actually got his start in LE in my small county. He became a Sgt at DMPD

Unfortunately he is one of the statistics in LE................................he died at his own hand a year or so ago.
                My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• Aidokea
                  Aidokea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry for your loss, brother.

• orangebottle
                  orangebottle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sh*t, that took a dark turn.

Sorry to hear about it. Poking fun at his memory would now be disrespectful; I won't do it any more.

• Iowa #1603
                  Iowa #1603 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nobody poked more fun at that episode than Joe did.

He truely never lived it down...............and in a small state like Iowa most cops have some type of a connection to others............so everyone gave him crap about it & he laughed back every time

His obituary
                  https://www.hamiltonsfuneralhome.com...aspx?rid=52994
                  Last edited by Iowa #1603; 07-01-2021, 04:47 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4273 users online. 305 members and 3968 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X