Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portland's entire riot team resigns all at once.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland's entire riot team resigns all at once.

And I don't blame them one bit...

After I retired, I was recruited to provide armed plainclothes protective services for the television news crews covering the riots. I know PPB officers that were on the riot teams, so before we'd head out for the evening, I'd have the producer take a photo of me with the news crew, and then I'd text it to riot team officers working the riots that night.

These television news crews were actual press. But when the rioters saw that the police were leaving us alone, the rioters then made themselves fake press credentials, and often even wrote it across their tactical vests and helmets, thinking that it would give them the ability to attack the police with impunity, and to be able to disregard the lawful orders to disperse.

And THAT is how this happened...
    Last edited by Aidokea; 06-18-2021, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Officers, sergeants resign en masse from Portland’s Rapid Response Team crowd control unit - oregonlive.com

100+ nights of getting pelted with urine bottles and railroad spikes... I would've bailed on this 'voluntary assignment' long ago.

Especially now that the local DA is charging one of them with assault for pushing and striking a protester (note to DA: that's what happens in the scrum and chaos of a riot).

Pro-tip: never volunteer for a specialty team. It's a huge time suck, advances your career not one inch, and exposes you to even greater liablities. Make them make you do it.
      If a man knows more than others, he becomes lonely.

-Carl Jung

Comment

• Ratatatat
        Ratatatat commented
        Editing a comment
        Another reason not to volunteer: when you complain to management about getting nailed with poop bombs night after night, the standard response will be "well, you volunteered for this assignment", translation "you put yourself in this situation, dum dum."

Good for them. Having bogus charges ( excessive use of lawful force), filed was the last straw.
      Blue Flu.

THIS is how you get Los Pepes.

Comment

I believed that special teams enjoyed some minimal legal protection due to the context of danger and high stress in which they have to operate

Comment

Good for them.

Comment

What took them so long? Didn't they see this coming?

Comment

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes.......

I think that we owe BLM a debt of gratitude. \sarcasm.
            It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
              What took them so long? Didn't they see this coming?
              Like the 3:10 from Yuma…

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                Good for them. Having bogus charges ( excessive use of lawful force), filed was the last straw.
                Blue Flu.

THIS is how you get Los Pepes.
                Did you see the video?

Comment

Originally posted by ACCAV View Post

Did you see the video?
                  Have we seen the video? The one that's a few seconds long?

I've been in the middle of the riots, and not just for a few seconds.

After I retired, but before we bought our ranch in Texas, I was recruited to provide armed plainclothes protective services for the news crews filming the riots in Portland.

Comment

Did you answer the question? Did you see video? Do you justify what you saw on the video?

Comment

Did you answer the question? Did you see video? Do you justify what you saw on the video?
                      Yep. And your point is..? Just another biased poster.

Comment

• Aidokea
                        Aidokea commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Airport cop...

• CCCSD
                        CCCSD commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So…not a Real Police then…

Are you gonna convict the guy based on a few seconds of video shot by one of the cop hate crowd and then edited to remove context?

Before you go passing judgment on anything going on down there, you need to push back from your desk, step out of your nice little airport job, and come wade into what I've experienced first hand. You have no idea what's going on...

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3592 users online. 216 members and 3376 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X