Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATF to ban braces and redefine firearms

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ATF to ban braces and redefine firearms


  • #2
    I would think having a pistol brace will help you have better control of your pistol and make it more safe. I think gun control being able to control your weapon

    Comment


    • Krinkiboi2020
      Krinkiboi2020 commented
      Editing a comment
      They're great, in my opinion. Whether it's an AR or AK pistol, or other type of rifle caliber handgun, it makes the weapon much more user friendly. While they're not the same as dedicated stocks, it's a damn sight better than trying to gain one or two additional points of contact on a bare buffer tube, or doing an isometric press with a sling.

      There are even chassis systems for sidearms, like the CAA Roni or MCK, if you find yourself needing more stability with your duty or carry pistol.

  • #3
    The ATF is wat too wishy washy when it comes to braces. I understand why something like a 10 inch and under barreled ar pistol could be considered an NFA item, but 11-14.5 inch barreled items shouldn't be. Those barrel lengths are impossible for someone to conceal. Suggestion: make anything 10 inches and under an NFA item, and exempt anything longer. The reason people even use braces is in part of the current NFA laws.

    Comment


    • #4
      The fundamental problem is, the ATF can essentially pass laws by fiat.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

      "With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

      Comment


      • #5
        Originally posted by Levithane View Post
        The ATF is wat too wishy washy when it comes to braces. I understand why something like a 10 inch and under barreled ar pistol could be considered an NFA item, but 11-14.5 inch barreled items shouldn't be. Those barrel lengths are impossible for someone to conceal. Suggestion: make anything 10 inches and under an NFA item, and exempt anything longer. The reason people even use braces is in part of the current NFA laws.
        Or, just leave them alone. Better yet, remove SBRs, SBSs and AOWs from the NFA. Then, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

        Given the sheer numbers of braced firearms in the hands of the citizenry, we'll see rates of compliance similar to the bumpstock ban... Which is to say, almost zero.

        Sorry, not sorry, ATF.

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
          The fundamental problem is, the ATF can essentially pass laws by fiat.
           

          Comment


          • #7
            pistol braces also will help disable people to use weapons

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by roadrunner5877 View Post
              pistol braces also will help disable people to use weapons
              That was the original intent behind the first pistol braces on the market.

              Comment


              • #9
                https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...ceiver/summary

                There it is from the horse's mouth for anyone who doesn't want to sit through the video.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Meh i signed in opposition to the proposed rules. They're written in a way that makes it impossible for any brace/build could remain non NFA registered.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    And in other news, the ATF shoots itself in the d*ck... Again.
                    By Lee Williams If there is any federal agency that can be counted on to create a problem just to justify their own existence, it’s certainly the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. When it comes to overhyping the next “threat” to the homeland – regardless of the facts – the ATF seldom disappoints. […]

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 4525 users online. 308 members and 4217 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X