Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the new Texas "Constitutional Carry" permitless carry law facilitate Texit?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
    Texas is the greatest country in the world.
    Texas!? "Greatest country?"

Texas is like the California of the old South!

​​​​​​​They'll never secede again and I'm shocked they even past "Constitutional Carry." Just as shocked when our weak minded governor signed the new voter law.

Comment

Originally posted by HRAPONTE View Post
      Hello All,

I am LEO and retired military. I have been a forum member for some time but refrain from posting, and mainly read to learn from everyone's opinions or discussions. However, I have seen many posts get heated and out of hand, and I have no interest on engaging on online arguments.

Hopefully this won't turn into a bashing contest.

1. OPINION: I believe this new law is an unnecessary political move. I also believe our gun laws are not strict enough.

2. QUESTION: I have heard many people refer to our constitutional rights as GOD given. Why is that? Am I missing something? I have never seen GOD's signature on the U.S. Constitution / Bill of Rights. I don't believe GOD woke up one day and said "You now have the right to own guns."

Input please.

Thanks
      But you can carry pretty much anywhere. Some of you guys need to remember the oath you took and what "shall not be infringed means."

Comment

• HRAPONTE
        HRAPONTE commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. Protect the constitutional rights is our prime duty. I have no problems with people carrying openly or concealed. Had many encounters with both; good interactions. My question remains. Why do people say it is a GOD given right?

• Sumar
        Sumar commented
        Editing a comment
        Because the founders said we were born with certain unalienable rights so if that was true then they had to come from our creator.

• Aidokea
        Aidokea commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup. The government is not the source of our rights. They were given to us by our Creator. Our rights belong to us as individuals, and these government documents merely recognize our rights.

Originally posted by westside popo View Post

Texas!? "Greatest country?"

Texas is like the California of the old South!

They'll never secede again and I'm shocked they even past "Constitutional Carry." Just as shocked when our weak minded governor signed the new voter law.

Maybe he suddenly remembered what the 2nd amendment says. Or, more likely, he got so much hate mail over his Nazi like decrees forcing businesses to close and put people out of work, he needed a sure fire way to get reelected.

Comment

[
        1. OPINION: I believe this new law is an unnecessary political move. I also believe our gun laws are not strict enough.
        You're wrong. No crime has ever been prevented by a gun law.

Even if one had, a private individual has the natural right to self defense and a natural right to possess arms, and the right to keep and bear arms is specifically enumerated within and protected by the Constitution.

A private person should be able to own whatever arms he can afford.

2. QUESTION: I have heard many people refer to our constitutional rights as GOD given. Why is that? Am I missing something? I have never seen GOD's signature on the U.S. Constitution / Bill of Rights. I don't believe GOD woke up one day and said "You now have the right to own guns."
        ...that’s because you’ve never actually read the Constitution:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people. — 9th Amendment

The Constitution recognizes and enumerates certain pre existing rights. It doesn’t grant or create anything, and it doesn’t enumerate all rights.

Many call these “God given” rights, others call them “natural” rights. Essentially imagine every right you could exercise if you were the only person on Earth. You and everyone else has all of those rights naturally.

The only legitimate reason for government to limit those natural rights is to prevent your infringement on the natural someone else... “your right to throw a punch ends where my nose begins”... since we each aren’t the only person on Earth. Indeed, that is the only legitimate function of government: arbitrating between people to allow the greatest freedom for each individual while protecting the rights of each to the maximum extent possible.

Thats why most gun laws are unconstitutional and violate our natural rights: owning a gun doesn’t infringe on anyone else. Carrying a gun doesn’t infringe on anyone else. Only misusing a gun infringes on the rights of others... same as a car, or a screwdriver.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. — 10th Amendment

The federal government has only the powers specifically granted by the Constitution, and no others.

Any power not specifically granted to federal government, belongs to the States or People, but see below.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. — 14th Amendment

Since the incorporation of the 14th Amendment, extending the limitations of the Constitution to state governments, the states are similarly limited.

Any right or protection a citizen enjoys anywhere in the US they enjoy everywhere in the US and a state cannot create or enforce a law that violates the protections of the US Constitution.
        Last edited by tanksoldier; 06-08-2021, 12:34 AM.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

A private person should be able to own whatever arms he can afford.
          I'm probably one of a handful of cops/vets that could not disagree with this more. I absolutely do not believe a private citizen should be able to own a fully automatic M-60 or such weapon. Just my personal belief.
          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

• HRAPONTE
            HRAPONTE commented
            Editing a comment
            I respect tanksoldier's view, but I 100% agree with you. Everytime I have this discussion with someone the only answer I get is "because is my right." I have yet to find someone that could change my mind.

• tanksoldier
            tanksoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            The point you’re missing is: there doesn’t have to be a need or justification to exercise a right. What “need” do you have to show to peaceably assemble, vote or worship?

Originally posted by towncop View Post
          I absolutely do not believe a private citizen should be able to own a fully automatic M-60 or such weapon.
          Well, private citizens in America CAN own a fully-automatic M60 if they want. They can own a .50 caliber belt fed machine gun like the M2HB if they want. They can own grenades and 40mm launchers too.

I have a problem with Americans being subjected to background checks, waiting periods, mandatory registration, or taxes, in order to be allowed by the government to exercise their Constitutional rights. Can you imagine if you had to pass a background investigation and then a waiting period, every time you wanted to exercise your First Amendment Constitutional right to freedom of speech?

Comment

Well, private citizens in America CAN own a fully-automatic M60 if they want. They can own a .50 caliber belt fed machine gun like the M2HB if they want. They can own grenades and 40mm launchers too.

I have a problem with Americans being subjected to background checks, waiting periods, mandatory registration, or taxes, in order to be allowed by the government to exercise their Constitutional rights. Can you imagine if you had to pass a background investigation and then a waiting period, every time you wanted to exercise your First Amendment Constitutional right to freedom of speech?
            No $h!t they can own those types of weapons. My point was that "I" personally do not believe John Q Public should be able to have that kind of firepower. To each their own. I also have ZERO issues with background checks for weapon purchases. To each their own. Your 1st Amendment comment, true, but I don't know how many videos I watch on YouTube of 1st Amendment auditors taking cops to task by exercising their 1st Amendment Right because some cop is butt-hurt over them taking some video. It is what it is and again, to each their own.
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

• HRAPONTE
              HRAPONTE commented
              Editing a comment
              I had encounters with 1st Ammendment Auditors. To me they are just instigators looking for a paycheck. Everytime they tried to get me to say there was a problem with what they were doing; it did not happen. I encouraged them as long as they did not pose a safety risk to themselves or others. That only aggravated them.

Same with 2nd Ammendment Auditors. What is the point of walking downtown outfitted with a vest, loaded mags, and rifle on hand? There is a line between exercising your rights and just being an attention [email protected]$$.

• tanksoldier
              tanksoldier commented
              Editing a comment
              Why does there need to be a point?

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              I sure as Hell wouldn't want to walk around downtown Portland without body armor...

My point was that "I" personally do not believe John Q Public should be able to have that kind of firepower. To each their own. I also have ZERO issues with background checks for weapon purchases. To each their own.

It is what it is and again, to each their own.
            So you want to be able to be able to restrict the manner in which other American citizens are allowed to exercise their Constitutional rights, but keep saying "to each their own" over and over. So which is it?

Instead of worrying about other citizens exercising their Constitutional rights, maybe you'd be more comfortable living some place that is not burdened with such rights. Communist China comes to mind...

Comment

Since late 2019, myself and a dedicated cadre of fellow like-minded OIF and OEF vets have been training citizens in the use of the very same firearms that some "officers" in this thread have personally deemed, by their own stated beliefs, to be off-limits to the citizenry.

We've been imparting light infantry TTPs to our students to help them survive in a dynamic combat environment, as well as tactics employed by the same mud-hut dwellers that bogged down the greatest fighting force on Earth for the better part of 20 years.

To date, we've passed this training and knowledge onto almost 2500 Ohioans, Pennsylvanians and Virginians. And there are more training cadre just like us all across the country.

Comment

So you want to be able to be able to restrict the manner in which other American citizens are allowed to exercise their Constitutional rights, but keep saying "to each their own" over and over. So which is it?

Instead of worrying about other citizens exercising their Constitutional rights, maybe you'd be more comfortable living some place that is not burdened with such rights. Communist China comes to mind...
                Again, in my view there is no need for a citizen to have fully automatic weapons, grenade launchers, or any other military-grade hardware. My .02. As it is now, some of that stuff can be legally obtained, hence "to each their own." But should the government change that, I have no problem with it. And instead of worrying about what I'm worrying about, how about you step down from that high retired horse?

Comment

• Aidokea
                  Aidokea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't like guns? Don't have one...

• tanksoldier
                  tanksoldier commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Please point out the “bill of needs”. I’ve never heard of it.

• towncop
                  towncop commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree. Don't like guns, don't own or purchase one. Never heard of a "bill of needs" either.

Originally posted by Krinkiboi2020 View Post
                Since late 2019, myself and a dedicated cadre of fellow like-minded OIF and OEF vets have been training citizens in the use of the very same firearms that some "officers" in this thread have personally deemed, by their own stated beliefs, to be off-limits to the citizenry.

We've been imparting light infantry TTPs to our students to help them survive in a dynamic combat environment, as well as tactics employed by the same mud-hut dwellers that bogged down the greatest fighting force on Earth for the better part of 20 years.

To date, we've passed this training and knowledge onto almost 2500 Ohioans, Pennsylvanians and Virginians. And there are more training cadre just like us all across the country.
                Your point having officers quoted? Some of us "officers" are also veterans as well. Shocking isn't it?

Comment

Your point having officers quoted? Some of us "officers" are also veterans as well. Shocking isn't it?
                  Not really. Plenty of sh*tbags in every branch.
                  Last edited by Krinkiboi2020; 06-11-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krinkiboi2020 View Post

Not really. Plenty of sh*tbags and tools in every branch.
                    As well as police departments.

Comment

Comment

As well as police departments.
                        Clearly. Hence, part of the reason for the instruction we've been giving for almost two years...
                        Last edited by Krinkiboi2020; 06-11-2021, 09:29 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2710 users online. 154 members and 2556 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X