300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• police K9 walk around sniff search of car

Good day all, if a K( police dog walks around a car and show a interest on the trunk of car but not doing a alert behavior will this still allow police to do a search of car using probable cause . someone may have trunk load of dog food or other good smelling stuff for a dog

do police K9 handlers tell what thier dog does for the final response response behavior when they go on alert

Comment

Worried about something..?

Comment

Originally posted by roadrunner5877 View Post
        Good day all, if a K( police dog walks around a car and show a interest on the trunk of car but not doing a alert behavior will this still allow police to do a search of car using probable cause . someone may have trunk load of dog food or other good smelling stuff for a dog
        Why are you asking?

Comment

Dude. Leave it to your lawyer.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Comment

So you're trying to determine the ratio for good smelling, non alerting vs illicit drug, alerting material?

Comment

just asking I always had a interest in K9 police dogs and handler and how they work together

Comment

just asking I always had a interest in K9 police dogs and handler and how they work together
                  We can’t give away tactics and techniques, but I will say that what you’re describing wouldn’t happen. The dog knows when it’s on the job, and what the job is.
                  "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

We can’t give away tactics and techniques, but I will say that what you’re describing wouldn’t happen. The dog knows when it’s on the job, and what the job is.
                    Yep. BTDT.

Comment

was wondering how police train k9 dogs in odor detection compaired to how i train my dogs I have 2 of my dogs (whiskey and Brandy ) that compete in odor detection in vehicle , containers , interiors . Im still at a novice level at odor detection but been training my other dogs i have or had for 20 years in agility , obedience , human scent tracking

Comment

Then you know the basics.

Comment

Hi CCCDS I not at the level at all LE at odor detection but Im trying to find people at a higher level to ask things . by the way we do not use drugs for odor detection. I am amzazed how a small amount of odor a dog can pick up .

Comment

CCCSD are you a K9 handler ???

Comment

The dogs Love when you even touch their handlers, they go absolutely Nuts when you bear hug them.

Even when wearing the same uniform, put your hand on the trainer's shoulder or as mentioned, bear hug the handler, and they get upset.

As a rookie, I only did this from the safety of the exterior of the unit,.....lol.

If you're never smelled the interior of a K-9 unit, you can't imagine how bad they smell, even when just quickly peeking inside. I can't imagine FTO'ing in one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2808 users online. 161 members and 2647 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X