Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don
    replied
    Hmmmm, ftrphx, you must be younger than I thought. Tell ya what, let's meet in Sedona (since Prescott is gonna be a mess for a while) and we can uh er discuss it. Yeah, that's it, we can talk about it.

[ 05-18-2002: Message edited by: Don ]

Leave a comment:

• Blonde Heat
    replied
    Whats a love-in? Is it like some huge group hug?

Leave a comment:

• blondie72
    replied
    By GG: "Darn hippy"

Does this mean you'll accept my invite to the love- in?

Leave a comment:

• InSane1
    replied
    LMFAO.. I thought about that too!

Leave a comment:

• wonderwoman
    replied
    just come right out and say you are a gay woman!

Leave a comment:

• InSane1
    replied
    "because they didn't want to worry about which officer the lone, P.O.S.T. certified female applicant was 'screwing'."

pshhhh.. WTF? pssshhhhh.... that's why they call em RUMORS. It's unfortunate that a woman who looks good has to get a reaction like that from any interview panel. So if I butched up I'd be a better candidate? no? grrr....

*lord make me a bird so I can fly far far away*

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    HEY GG,

Quit yer bitchin' 'bout the hippies!

Dontcha know that the hippies are below and behind the boobies?

Leave a comment:

• goodgirl
    replied
    "But enuf of this! It's getting silly now. Let's all have a big love- in."

Darn hippy

Leave a comment:

• blondie72
    replied
    Posted by Don: "OH, this must mean that the sun DOES shine for fifteen minutes or so, right around noon, HUH???"

How eerily correct! That is exactly what Mr Sun was up to, today.

"Oh my goodness, I WANT A PIX of this!!!!!"

I should send those pics in to page three of our most infamous paper...

[ 05-17-2002: Message edited by: blondie72 ]

Leave a comment:

• blondie72
    replied
    Jarhead, I'm not attacking you, lovey. I have no reason to do that.

We were BOTH stating opinions...I know that. I was merely taking offense to the fact that MY opinion was called "bitching"...whilst yours WASN'T.

But enuf of this! It's getting silly now. Let's all have a big love- in.

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    replied
    Last year, my department got a federal grant for 3 new officers, of which, ONE had to 'fit' into a minority category, meaning it had to be filled by a female, or someone of recognized minority status.

They ended up hiring someone with ZERO law enforcement experience, because they didn't want to worry about which officer the lone, P.O.S.T. certified female applicant was 'screwing'....or so goes the story I've been told by a supervisor.

Currently, we have ZERO female officers in either city or county LEO agencies.

Leave a comment:

• jarhead6073
    replied
    Originally posted by blondie72:
    How come nobody accuses Jarhead of "bitchin' or whinin'" when he goes on about not being able to get into LE? Eh?

Um, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's because I've never "bitched" or "whined" about not being able to get into LE. I would ask you to find one post where I did any such thing. I'm currently in school to get a degree so that I can START applying. Then get rejected. Or not because of the huge advantage that I have because I'm a veteran. You don't agree with me or my politics but at least keep your facts straight if you are going to attack me. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Originally posted by blondie72:
    but weather sunnier than usual.
    OH, this must mean that the sun DOES shine for fifteen minutes or so, right around noon, HUH???
    weekend drives to sussex with the top down, are a little slice of heaven.
    Oh my goodness, I WANT A PIX of this!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• blondie72
    replied
    Hey, Don, and thx for the reply.

I'm not going to get further into this discussion; because I have neither the time nor the inclination to get into acrimonious exchanges online anymore.

Suffice it to say that I think it's interesting that the womens point of view differs somewhat from the males.

If you don't agree with my opinion...that's fine. But don't tell me I'm bitchin' or whinin', when I'm clearly only stating an opinion. How come nobody accuses Jarhead of "bitchin' or whinin'" when he goes on about not being able to get into LE? Eh?

Being a minority woman; in favour of affirmative action...I realize that is enough to get me burnt at the stake on this thread, BY SOME. But I don't care! If yer don't like it...you can sling it!

Said with all the greatest of respect, of course.

Posted by SWAT1: "Blondie, I'm getting homesick, I've just started to learn to spell *** and you throw in the correct spelling. How are things back home?"

Thngs are lovely, here, SWAT. I didn't realize how much I had missed it, until I had been here a few weeks.

Crime rate NOT good... but weather sunnier than usual. Can't go to Hyde Park without tripping over sunseekers, and being run over by rollerbladers. Boats on the Serpentine are lovely...followed by live j*** at 'Pizza on the Park' in Knightsbridge. London is congested; but weekend drives to sussex with the top down, are a little slice of heaven.

[ 05-17-2002: Message edited by: blondie72 ]

Leave a comment:

• jarhead6073
    replied
    I never said that anyone was lazy for not serving. I'm just saying that the veterans points are available for men and women. Sor for a woman to say that it favors men, when it takes the same thing for either to get the points, is bs. Believe me, I know that the military isn't for everyone. And I whole heartedly believe that not everyone should serve. Especially if it's not your "thing". So be it. I really don't care. I'm not going to comment on wether or not it's fair veterans to get extra points or not. All I'm saying is that it's bs to say that it favors men.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5276 users online. 289 members and 4987 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X