300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    The interview went well. The guy who did my inview was a ex-police officer that got into private security. Basically the high points were that after he looked through my app. and resume he told me I would make a great asset to their co. and I was a breath of fresh air comapred to the other people he had inteveiwed. I have to take a one week training course for the job though which I am starting next week, but I still am waiting for a call to confirm. So overall from what I took, I dont see why I wouldnt get the job, but it still is a tad up in the air. Cant count my chickens before thier hatched.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ^ Thats just what I heard from my friend who used to work there, we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• D.o.D cop
    replied
    Damn....I make a measly 26k a year......

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I do have a suit that I bought a year or so ago for a wedding I had to go to, it looks pretty good so I'll just wear that.
    Thanks for all the help!.

Leave a comment:

• LPSS
    replied
    I second the suit and tie idea.

You want to look better than all the other candidates and be remembered.

Leave a comment:

• pvttjc
    replied
    WEAR A SUIT!

I've heard some rule about dressing one step above your position, but I tend to err on the side of safety. The best way to figure out dress code, is to put on differing outfits (business attire) until you can honestly picture yourself as "Officer Haro".

Or just have your wife do it for you.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ^Thats with a huge amt. of overtime I'm sure, but I spoke with one of my friends from HS and he said you can make 35k if you want to put in the hours.
    Should I just stick with dress shirt, pants, shoes, tie? Or all of that with a blazer on top?

Leave a comment:

• S.O.444
    replied
    Dang, I make 36k as a full-time LEO. Sounds like a good job.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
    good luck, keep us posted. I concur with the above, suit, professional and above all......be on time.

Gotcha, thats what I was planning on. Apparently it pays around 35k a year and $22.50hr. for over time. Seems like it could be a really good gig till I finish my schooling.
    Thanks for everyones advice/help.

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied
    good luck, keep us posted. I concur with the above, suit, professional and above all......be on time.

Leave a comment:

• Woofdog
    replied
    Tell the truth. Look them in the eye. Be polite. Everything LeanG said above.

Leave a comment:

• LeanG
    replied
    Originally posted by Haro1986 View Post
    I have a interview lined up next week for a security officer position. The company seems very professional and well-trained. I looked at their website and found that all employees prior to working must complete a 1 week training course, various tests etc. Also said that only 1 out of 6 candidates will get hired. My question is, is there anything special I should do to prepare for this interview? What to wear? Just didn't expect it to be this seemingly "high profile", the pay is excellent though.
    Thanks much.
    First interview?

Suit and tie, shoes, socks, underwear...Be as professional as possible. Mouthwash, you know, the basics. You'll be fine. NO GUM!

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Security officer interview

Security officer interview

I have a interview lined up next week for a security officer position. The company seems very professional and well-trained. I looked at their website and found that all employees prior to working must complete a 1 week training course, various tests etc. Also said that only 1 out of 6 candidates will get hired. My question is, is there anything special I should do to prepare for this interview? What to wear? Just didn't expect it to be this seemingly "high profile", the pay is excellent though.
    Thanks much.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2384 users online. 128 members and 2256 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X