300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security officer interview

I have a interview lined up next week for a security officer position. The company seems very professional and well-trained. I looked at their website and found that all employees prior to working must complete a 1 week training course, various tests etc. Also said that only 1 out of 6 candidates will get hired. My question is, is there anything special I should do to prepare for this interview? What to wear? Just didn't expect it to be this seemingly "high profile", the pay is excellent though.
    Thanks much.

Originally posted by Haro1986 View Post
    I have a interview lined up next week for a security officer position. The company seems very professional and well-trained. I looked at their website and found that all employees prior to working must complete a 1 week training course, various tests etc. Also said that only 1 out of 6 candidates will get hired. My question is, is there anything special I should do to prepare for this interview? What to wear? Just didn't expect it to be this seemingly "high profile", the pay is excellent though.
    Thanks much.
    First interview?

Suit and tie, shoes, socks, underwear...Be as professional as possible. Mouthwash, you know, the basics. You'll be fine. NO GUM!

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Tell the truth. Look them in the eye. Be polite. Everything LeanG said above.
      Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

good luck, keep us posted. I concur with the above, suit, professional and above all......be on time.
        ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
        Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
          good luck, keep us posted. I concur with the above, suit, professional and above all......be on time.

Gotcha, thats what I was planning on. Apparently it pays around 35k a year and $22.50hr. for over time. Seems like it could be a really good gig till I finish my schooling.
          Thanks for everyones advice/help.

Comment

Dang, I make 36k as a full-time LEO. Sounds like a good job.

Comment

^Thats with a huge amt. of overtime I'm sure, but I spoke with one of my friends from HS and he said you can make 35k if you want to put in the hours.
              Should I just stick with dress shirt, pants, shoes, tie? Or all of that with a blazer on top?

Comment

WEAR A SUIT!

I've heard some rule about dressing one step above your position, but I tend to err on the side of safety. The best way to figure out dress code, is to put on differing outfits (business attire) until you can honestly picture yourself as "Officer Haro".

Or just have your wife do it for you.

Comment

I second the suit and tie idea.

You want to look better than all the other candidates and be remembered.
                  "Screw that. We can make bullets faster than they can make terrorists. Kill them all. Every last one." -Interceptor

Comment

I do have a suit that I bought a year or so ago for a wedding I had to go to, it looks pretty good so I'll just wear that.
                    Thanks for all the help!.

Comment

Damn....I make a measly 26k a year......
                      You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

^ Thats just what I heard from my friend who used to work there, we'll see.

Comment

The interview went well. The guy who did my inview was a ex-police officer that got into private security. Basically the high points were that after he looked through my app. and resume he told me I would make a great asset to their co. and I was a breath of fresh air comapred to the other people he had inteveiwed. I have to take a one week training course for the job though which I am starting next week, but I still am waiting for a call to confirm. So overall from what I took, I dont see why I wouldnt get the job, but it still is a tad up in the air. Cant count my chickens before thier hatched.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3048 users online. 215 members and 2833 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X