300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post

I doubt it. The rules of evidence are much less strict in a civil trial...it's more than likely that a competent attorney will get that very video admitted as evidence in a civil trial. At the very least, it shows that Nazario already knew there was a legitimate issue with the display of his tag that he could have easily remedied but chose not to. Beyond that, it displays a sampling of his attitude while interacting with law enforcement in an unrelated incident.
    There won't be a civil trial. Maybe the town's attorney case use the video as leverage in a settlement but make no mistake, they are settling.

I was a career prosector but right before I retired I decided to try my hand at civil with the AG"s Office where I represented troopers and COs in use of force cases. I didn't stick around long enough to try civil cases because we were just hitting the pandemic when I came onboard.But I was there long enough to know that civil attorneys for government agencies settle everything. I left because 1) I vested more than enough time to get a decent retirement but also because 2) I would have been miserable no matter what. I am either fighting everything and working much more than everyone or I am handing out tax payer money like candy. My superiors would prefer the latter and I know we would have butted heads eventually.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post

The military is still the military but it's slowly becoming a "woke" organization. It's funny because I know people in the military who wave BLM banners and the like. But what they don't seem to understand is the BLM and these far left groups hate the military almost as much as they hate the police.
      Yep. Can’t fix Stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post

There won't be a civil trial. Maybe the town's attorney case use the video as leverage in a settlement but make no mistake, they are settling.

I was a career prosector but right before I retired I decided to try my hand at civil with the AG"s Office where I represented troopers and COs in use of force cases. I didn't stick around long enough to try civil cases because we were just hitting the pandemic when I came onboard.But I was there long enough to know that civil attorneys for government agencies settle everything. I left because 1) I vested more than enough time to get a decent retirement but also because 2) I would have been miserable no matter what. I am either fighting everything and working much more than everyone or I am handing out tax payer money like candy. My superiors would prefer the latter and I know we would have butted heads eventually.
        Yep........................there is always a settlement. Many agencies or states have a formula as to how much it will cost to defend their case and settle at or below that cost. It is then written off as a cost of doing business.

I was involved (as the supervisor in charge) in an in custody death where NO ONE did anything against or even skirting established policy. The case was investigated for months by the State Dept of Criminal Investigation and the State Attorney General's office and there wasn't even a discussion of discipline. I was even commended by my chain of command as to how the whole thing was handled.

The AG's office recommended settling for $75K because of the formula & the fact that just the way things happened we would have LOOKED guilty if it went to a jury.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• Originally posted by Levithane View Post
          The ones who take personal responsibility, work to better themselves, build good working relationships with their employers, and move away from deviant behaviour. Thats the common personality trait/behaviours I've at least observed with the ones that are successful. The ones who blamed the environment for their woes, fail to understand how certain actions affect others, and refuse very basic instruction tend to be the ones that re offend (This pertains to White, Black, Hispanics, purple idc what the persons race is).
          I mean yes, I completely agree with this. Of course people who can take control and responsibility over their lives will be more successful and those who feel entrapped and blame society will fail. I mean that's the entire focus of rehabilitation - helping people to understand that they are in control of their own destiny.

One way to empower people is to show them examples of people who have shown great strength and courage in the face of incredibly difficult environments. If I teach a black youth about Ruby Bridges, the little girl who walked through screaming racist crowds in Lousiana to go to school, or Harriet Tubman who risked her life by making an incredible journey to free slaves more than 20 times, or how Malcom X reformed his views later in his life after holding deep seeded hatreds for the white man, then I can highlight the strength and power of so many black Americans who have overcome so much in their fight for their most basic American rights.

This is not teaching people victimhood. This is teaching them that they can overcome even the greatest of odds, and that's why so many black youth are so empowered when they are taught about the history of their people. That's how I, and that's how American society should view black Americans -- as a people with tremendous courage and strength. A people strong enough to send their children through racist crowds to attain their education. A people strong enough to practice civil disobedience in the face of a racist and oppressive system. They are the true faces of America, and they represent the power and beauty of black Americans.

If it is destructive and divisive to create a narrative that cops are racist and brutal, then it's just as destructive and divisive to create a narrative that black people are violent and lazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by iconoclaste View Post
            ...how Malcom X reformed his views later in his life after holding deep seeded hatreds for the white man, then I can highlight the strength and power of so many black Americans who have overcome so much in their fight for their most basic American rights.
            Malcom Little was a racist convicted felon that was assassinated by Muslim extremists for being a homosexual prostitute. What lesson are you teaching the taxpayer's children from that?
            Last edited by Aidokea; 04-19-2021, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Double Fixed.....
              .70 years ago police forces in America were the enforcement wing of overtly racist [Democrat and NOW Republican] policies.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/ocp7cOh_pb8

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

.70 years ago police forces in America were the enforcement wing of overtly racist [Democrat and NOW Republican] policies.
                  Attempting to blame Republicans for atrocities committed by Democrats, just doesn't hold water.

Educate yourself, rookie:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_...racial%20group.

Comment

Attempting to blame Republicans for atrocities committed by Democrats, just doesn't hold water.

Educate yourself, rookie:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_...racial%20group.
                    brady-bunch-characters-ranked.png Which one is you?
                    The Brady Bunch

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                      Perhaps Whites are just sick and tired of being blamed for everything. I didn’t put guns into their hands. I don’t loot stores at the drop of a hat. I don’t abandon families at a whim. I don’t prey on others, roam in gangs, murder in the name of race, excuse crime because of...race.
                      Well if this isn't ignorant, I don't know what is.

Comment

What, EXACTLY, are "the hurdles that have been placed in front of them", and who placed them there?

The only hurdles I see, are maternal/paternal DNA donors brainwashing their own children into stuff like thinking that the police and people with different skin colors are out to get them solely because of their own apparent skin color, teaching them not to be responsible for their own decisions, teaching them to do stupid/dangerous/illegal stuff that may very well cost them their lives, and teaching them how to assume for-profit victimhood...
                        Well I stand corrected....this here is damn ignorant.

Comment

• Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
                          I'd agree except that the officer didn't indicate that there was anything wrong with how the tag was displayed (unless I missed that part in the video). So his attorney will likely argue that a month prior he was stopped by the same department and the officer did NOT inform him that he was in violation.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. The guy is a bit of a ****** for sure.
                          The officer didn't specifically advise him that the display of the tag was illegal but he certainly indicated right off the bat that it was one of the reasons for the stop.
                          "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                          -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                            Well I stand corrected....this here is damn ignorant.
                            Is it, though? I mean, you're a LEO. Depending on the size of your jurisdiction and agency, you may very well deal with "regular customers" and, if you're on long enough, "regular families of customers."

There is, without a doubt, a segment of society that is being taught victimhood and a lack of responsibility on a generational level. Personally, I know several families in my jurisdiction where you can clearly trace the same behaviors from parent to child through multiple generations. There's no chance that such similar behaviors and attitudes run through families just by blind luck, so it's almost certainly learned (either through intentional teaching or simply by watching).

Now, the behavior isn't automatically racial in nature (for example, the minority population in my jurisdiction is quite low and the families I think of personally are primarily caucasian), but some people do twist the overall attitude of "victimhood" to include false accusations racism. The overall behavior is one of attempting to remove personal responsibility with racism just as a tool to that end.
                            "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                            -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post

Is it, though? I mean, you're a LEO. Depending on the size of your jurisdiction and agency, you may very well deal with "regular customers" and, if you're on long enough, "regular families of customers."

There is, without a doubt, a segment of society that is being taught victimhood and a lack of responsibility on a generational level. Personally, I know several families in my jurisdiction where you can clearly trace the same behaviors from parent to child through multiple generations. There's no chance that such similar behaviors and attitudes run through families just by blind luck, so it's almost certainly learned (either through intentional teaching or simply by watching).

Now, the behavior isn't automatically racial in nature (for example, the minority population in my jurisdiction is quite low and the families I think of personally are primarily caucasian), but some people do twist the overall attitude of "victimhood" to include false accusations racism. The overall behavior is one of attempting to remove personal responsibility with racism just as a tool to that end.
                              I knew I was getting old when I started dealing with the GRANDSON of a (regular customer) from my rookie days
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• Aidokea
                                Aidokea commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Lol, I've done that too...

• Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

...says the guy who had to delete a bunch of posts...
                              The guy that deleted the "THREE" posts decided not to stoop to the level as the idiots he was talking to. You can feel free to put me on ignore bud.
                              Last edited by towncop; 04-26-2021, 09:29 AM.
                              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2812 users online. 138 members and 2674 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X