300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Lt pulled over by VA police sues them

Not sure if this was discussed before but, why do people resist the police, then attempted to sue. This idiot did not comply and the officers used necessary force to get him out of the vehicle. The only bad thing thT I read was a sergeant or supervisor arrived and cut him loose. As far as I'm concerned if I have to use force on you, there is no letting you off the hook.
    live everyday as if it your last...because one day it will be

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...BLWuw-IHfcZ7KW

Comment

Because...race = $$$

Comment

Someone needs to go on a diet, he's a walking MI commercial. He's coming out on the losing end of this one.
        Last edited by retired137; 04-11-2021, 08:57 PM.

Comment

The LT will most likely win the lawsuit too. I can't comment on what policy is regarding the usage of pepper spray as an Officer, but my agency's policy is that I can't use the issued mace unless an offender/suspect is attempting to physically assault me. Granted I work in a parole capacity, but the officer who used it in the video will have to articulate how its use was reasonable on an individual with his hands raised who was afraid by his own admission to get out of the car.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Probation and parole policies probably don't apply to this situation. My agency allows us only to use OC in self-defense, when there's an imminent threat and no reasonable alternative or way to retreat. A patrol officer usually is allowed to use necessary force, which is a lot broader than self-defense.

Officer has been terminated. Press release only said policy was not followed properly.

Comment

CBS? That report can't be slanted!

Even with their carefully edited video the initial cause for the stop appears legit. I've stopped plenty of cars for no tag displayed only to discover a temp tag stuck in the window. It's still not readable, illuminated or visible for 50ft especially through that tint.

Comment

It can be slanted any way one would like. Whats even better is people are making excuses for his behaviour. His supervisor knew he screwed up, he can gain new employment at McDonalds. I'm betting the Chief is gone soon too, it appears that he lied to the wrong people about what happened. I hear the excuses already.
              Last edited by retired137; 04-11-2021, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Correct i just read he was fired

Virginia Cop Joe Gutierrez Fired After Pepper-Spraying Black Army Lt. Virginia police officer who escalated a traffic stop of a Black and Latino Army Lieutenant has been fired from the force. In December 2020, Windsor cops Daniel Crocker and Joe Gutierrez pulled over Caron Nazario, a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army Medical Corps, and drew their guns before using pepper spray and knocking him to the ground. Footage of the incident was shared online Friday, prompting national attention and widespread criticism. In a statement released Sunday evening, the Town of Windsor announced that Gutierrez had been "terminated from his employment." GET NEWSWEEK IN YOUR INBOX Email address Millions of people have watched the video of the incident where Nazario was pulled over by police. In this photo, a police car with 'Emergency Dial 911' on its side parked in Santa Fe, New Mexico. ROBERT ALEXANDER / CONTRIBUTOR/GETTY "The pursuit and ultimate stop resulted in the use of pepper spray against Lt. Nazario by Officer Gutierrez. As a result of this use of force, Department policy requires an internal investigation to determine the appropriateness of such actions," the statement read. "The investigation of this event began immediately. At the conclusion of this investigation, it was determined that Windsor Police Department policy was not followed" "This resulted in disciplinary action, and department-wide requirements for additional training were implemented beginning in January and continue to the present. Since that time, Officer Gutierrez was also terminated from his employment," the Town added. This month, Nazario filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, alleging that the officers violated his Constitutional rights, engaged in racial profiling, threatened to kill him and that their actions may have negatively impacted his military career. NEWSWEEK SUBSCRIPTION OFFERS > Dr. Erroll Southers, former assistant chief of homeland security and intelligence for the Los Angeles Airports Police Department, told Newsweek on Saturday that "the department should never be allowed to investigate this misconduct." READ MORE Video of Virginia Cops Arresting Army Lieutenant Watched 9 Million Times Caron Nazario Video 'Angered Me,' Says Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam Cops Who Held Lt. Nazario at Gunpoint Must Face Probe, Ex-Police Chiefs Say "They should not be allowed to investigate themselves. There needs to be some oversight here," he said. "I think they deserve an investigation and the outcome should be discipline, up to and including termination." A Newsweek analysis of Windsor police data found that the seven-person police force engaged in roughly 200 monthly traffic stops last year. In November, they conducted 246 and 174 in December, when the incident involving Nazario took place. Additionally, data also showed that the town continued to ramp up traffic related stops in 2021, with 323 conducted in March. The rural town of Windsor, roughly 30 miles west of Norfolk, only has 2,700 residents. Southers suggested that the town could be profiling and utilizing traffic stops for revenue generation. Police bodycam footage of the traffic stop of Nazario was viewed more than 9 million times since it was shared on Twitter Friday. Newsweek reached out to the Windsor Police Department for comment. REQUEST REPRINT & LICENSING OR VIEW EDITORIAL GUIDELINES ad choises CHOOSE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PREMIUM Newsweek magazine delivered to your door Unlimited access to Newsweek.com Ad free Newsweek.com experience iOS and Android app access Personalized daily newsletter SUBSCRIBE DIGITAL+ Unlimited access to Newsweek.com Ad free Newsweek.com experience iOS and Android app access Personalized daily newsletter GET YOUR FREE TRIAL © 2021 NEWSWEEK DIGITAL LLC

Comment

The media is creating a false narrative with this one as usual. I'm sorry but driving a mile and a half until he could find a "well lit" area is bull. I google mapped that area and there and the lighting is fine within a mile of that place. He wanted to get his 15 minutes of fame, that's what he was doing.

This LT is an embarrassment and has no business leading troops. Sadly, the military has bought into PC culture and will likely not discipline the LT. I would not want this LT as my platoon leader is I were a young junior enlisted.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                    Winter_Patriot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sergeant Major of the Army has already applauded this 2LT.

What a Karen. He wasn't stopped for being black, for being Latino, or for being an Army Lieutenant. He was stopped for no license plates.

I believe Ex Army MP is right- Karen saw this as an opportunity to create an opportunity to make himself a victim, for his own personal financial gain. He chose not to stop immediately, thus escalating the matter into a pursuit. Once they finally got him stopped for the crime(s) he had committed thus far, he then chose to add resisting arrest to the list.

If he had just stopped inmediately, and not been a total Karen, the stop would have lasted 15 seconds, and no action would have been taken.

Comment

• Aidokea
                    Aidokea commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's not an appropriate way to address one of us.

Get control of your mouth, or your stay here will be brief.

• not.in.MY.town
                    not.in.MY.town commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He's the same troll that was here a while back. Same M.O.

• Aidokea
                    Aidokea commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Then report it, so that we can be rid of it...

The McDonalds opening has been filled, something tells me there is more to this than the interaction on the video.
                  Last edited by retired137; 04-12-2021, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Idiot cop took it too far. Once you stop the vehicle and see the tag in the back window, how about, "Hey man the reason I stopped you was because I could not see the temporary tag in your back window, which is tinted. Just a heads up, Indiana (here) law requires the plate to be clearly visible, blah, blah, blah. I appreciate your cooperation, please be safe." AND MOVE ON ABOUT YOUR NIGHT. I'm tired of cops getting themselves into a jackpot when there's absolutely no need to do so. Drove a mile and a half into a gas station parking lot? I don't care. Why? Windows that tinted, I'd rather have him well lit as well vs side of the road and dark. But to each their own.
                    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

The "ride the lightning" comment didn't need to be said (and is not part of training), but the media turned it into a reference to the electric chair in one article, and a death threat in another article.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                        The "ride the lightning" comment didn't need to be said (and is not part of training), but the media turned it into a reference to the electric chair in one article, and a death threat in another article.
                        The media didn't turn the statement into anything. This behaviour appears to be systemic in this town, he got away with it until it became public. I'm grabbing another creme soda and more popcorn, the layers of the onion will be peeled off.
                        Last edited by retired137; 04-12-2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2750 users online. 132 members and 2618 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X