300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCSA Investigator 2021

Anyone apply to the recent Defense Counterintelligence and Security Investigator opening?

I applied to all of the recent announcements for them. Just got a NOR email for the ones in MA. Was not referred. I do not understand the hiring with this agency. My undergrad is in national security & intelligence, and my masters is in CJ w/ a focus on counterterrorism. I also have a year in local LE intelligence. I never get referred for these jobs, I don't get it.

Comment

• griffinlocke
      griffinlocke commented
      Editing a comment
      @9L81

Thanks. I'll start researching some more advanced examples of fed resumes. But just from your personal experience, was it restructuring your resume entirely, or simply tailoring it to the specific job series/position by using key words?

• 9L81
      9L81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fill out the application and the questionnaire and then build the resume to suit your answers. People need to understand a resume in USAjobs is not getting looked at by a human at least not in most instances. Machines don't care how long your resume is but when you answer a question as yes I do X,Y,Z regularly and am considered an expert but all your resume gets across is that you learned it in college, you get the lower number of points for having learned it in college.

If your resume turns out to be 2 pages or 7 pages so be it. Remember those key words and include them if you can. Adopt their language as best you can for each individual posting. My results were way better using the built in resume builder. Put the announcement number somewhere on the resume if you can. I noted a few applications required that and it seemed like it was barely noted in the fine print so I just started putting that on all of them.

I've never done a cover letter for a Fed job. Never heard of anyone getting hired because they did one. Might help some people so I am not going to say it's a waste of time but I have been able to land a few federal jobs without ever doing one.

• SFTB26
      SFTB26 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear griffinlocke. I was referred to this job with only my undergrad and around four months of experience as a contracting analyst with a fed agency. Ever since I tweaked my resume like 9L81 mentioned I have had much more success. Also make sure your transcripts shows the name of your school; around six months ago I found out I was not referred to a job because my unofficial transcript didn’t show the name of my school. Immediately purchased the official transcript with my school’s name lol

• tanksoldier
      tanksoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      Keywords are critical. In almost all cases a bot is scanning the applications for those keywords.

So I can shed some light on these particular jobs. I worked for a contractor doing DCSA's BI work previously. One of the things about general investigation or inspection jobs is they will go a lot of times to preference eligible veterans. A lot of times with these investigator jobs too is that they are occupied by retired feds/retired 1811's. The lady who did my BI years back was former coast guard, and previous my co-worker was interviewed by a retired FBI Agent. Granted that was when everything was under OPM, but all the transition really did was give everyone new badges. Mind you I have 2 years of work exp doing BI's and also got not referred. These particular jobs are a lot harder to get than an 1811 or uniformed Federal LE job.

Comment

• SFTB26
      SFTB26 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your insights, much appreciated!

Ha. Was just referred for GG-9 at Fort Belvoir. Don’t know what to think at this point lol. GL to everyone on these announcements.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5892 users online. 342 members and 5550 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X