X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado shooter identified as 21 year old Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa

Hmm........

Atlanta shooter identified as 21-year-old Robert Aaron Long

He played the drums, carried a Bible and attended meetings of a Christian student club.
    Hmm......

Comment

It’s Trumps fault...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

He's from Syria, he's a convicted criminal (assault), and his own brother admitted that he's Muslim.

Comment

• DM206
          DM206 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe I missed it, but did you post similar observations after previous mass shootings? Or only when the demographics fit a particular narrative?

If your point was that people should wait for all the facts before making comments about an investigation, you're absolutely right. Many people made faulty assumptions yesterday. But if you are dropping select, potentially irrelevant facts about the shooter to make a different point...that's nothing short of disgusting.

And it kind of invites an obvious retort...though I won't do it here, one could very easily compile a long list of white, Christian mass shooters, bombers, church arsonists, etc...

But that would have nothing to do with the actual facts of what happened yesterday. So what exactly was your point, again?

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          We don't need your racist hate speech here, DM206...

Well, it was quiet for a while and as all can behold, one can't operate without the other.
        Last edited by retired137; 03-23-2021, 10:13 PM.

Comment

I like how there has been little call out by the media of VP Harris's niece making the quick assumption before all the facts were established
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• Pogue Mahone
            Pogue Mahone commented
            Editing a comment
            Former VPOTUS Pence has 6 siblings, so I think it's fair to say that the former Indiana governor has lots of nieces & nephews. Can you please hook us up with links to negative articles about their comments?

TIA

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            Moparfan, I too was utterly appalled by her racism...

• not.in.MY.town
            not.in.MY.town commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you believe that the VP has control over what a 36-year-old woman tweets?

His belief system instructs him to murder everyone who thinks differently than he does. Democrats refer to that as "tolerance".

Comment

• DM206
            DM206 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where are you getting this information about his personal belief system? Or are you making a broad statement about all Muslims?

Do all Christians believe the same things? As individuals, do they all interpret the Bible the same way, and hold those beliefs equally? After all, there are parts of the Bible that proscribed death as punishment for various transgressions, but most practicing Christians I have ever known do not adhere to those instructions and practice peace. On the other hand, some radical fundamentalist Christians have committed acts of violence in the name of their religion.

If we can't assume that all Christians share the same beliefs or interpret their religion to command violence, why would you assume that all Muslims do? I think there are many Muslims who would disagree with your statement, who also practice peace as the central tenet of their faith. Where does this guy fall? I don't know. But neither do you.

Others were wrong to assume the shooter was white. You are wrong now to assume without evidence that his ideology, nationality, or religion motivated his attack. Wait for the facts. Don't assume out of prejudice.

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
          His belief system instructs him to murder everyone who thinks differently than he does. Democrats refer to that as "tolerance".
          Who are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
            Atlanta shooter identified as 21-year-old Robert Aaron Long

He played the drums, carried a Bible and attended meetings of a Christian student club.

Hmm......
            What are you talking about?

Comment

It's another 21-year-old who recently went on a killing spree. He happens to be white, American-born, and Christian.

Neither attack appears to have been motivated by ideology.

Both attackers seem to have suffered from mental illness. The Colorado shooter has a documented history of paranoia.

My point is that the name, ethnicity, national origin, religion etc. are irrelevant. Anybody can become an attacker or a victim regardless of their background. You seem to disagree. Why is that?

Comment

It's that inability to connect the dots that caused you to never complete a career twice, then claim you "honorably" retired. No one ever states they "honorably" retired. They state I'm "retired".

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

It's another 21-year-old who recently went on a killing spree. He happens to be white, American-born, and Christian.

Neither attack appears to have been motivated by ideology.

Both attackers seem to have suffered from mental illness. The Colorado shooter has a documented history of paranoia.

My point is that the name, ethnicity, national origin, religion etc. are irrelevant. Anybody can become an attacker or a victim regardless of their background. You seem to disagree. Why is that?
                  Plank/eye...

Comment

Sounds like mental health is at least part of the explanation. I did civil commitments cases for a couple years. His family reported symptoms that are consistent with schizophrenia -- persecutory delusions and visual hallucinations about being followed. Doesn't mean he isn't a radical extremist too, but I doubt religion/politics tell the whole story here.

Comment

He's from Syria, he's a convicted criminal (assault), and his own brother admitted that he's Muslim.
                      Why is his country of origin or his religion relevant?

Comment

This Space For Rent

Comment

• Pogue Mahone
                          Pogue Mahone commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And now show me where the media has shown an equal amount of interest in the what the nieces & nephews of Republican politicians have to say. The only one who I can remember ever getting any attention was W's nephew who was actually running for public office. But none of Bush's other nieces & nephews got coverage of what their opinions were.

• Bing_Oh
                          Bing_Oh commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Kamala's niece was an intern in her campaign committee, ran an "influencer" business, and promoted her brand using her connection to the VP with her aunt's permission (until Kamala's advisors recommended that she distance herself from it). If someone who is just a relation of a politician makes a comment, then it doesn't really matter, but the business/political relationship between them should be considered (Trump's daughter and son-in-law's opinions and statements, for example, were closely associated to the former President because he chose to include them in his politics).

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4803 users online. 254 members and 4549 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X