Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you ticket a fellow LEO for 13 mph over?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you ticket a fellow LEO for 13 mph over?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Depends on his attitude
    Yes
    5.47%
    No
    73.44%
    Depends on his attitude
    21.09%
    "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Gene L. you're new so please don't take this personally....

WE'VE DISCUSSED THIS AD NAUSEUM AND IT'S NEVER A GOOD THING. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW RATHER THAN START A NASTY THREAD, PLEASE DO A SEARCH ON THIS TOPIC AND YOU WILL BE OVERWHELMED BY THE POSTS - the number as well as the content.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

You Trooper have absolutely no sense of adventure. Bet you heard that before.
      It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Once or twice.
        The All New
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

OHHH NOOOO!!! THIS QUESTION IS BACK

"As soon as you think you're out, they pull you back in"

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

It never ends.
            The All New
            - M1Garand

Comment

Would you ticket a fellow LEO for 13 mph over?
              I could see it going either way depending on a whole host of things to include lighting, traffic, location, and etc.

(I am assuming that "fellow LEO" means a "LEO period" and further presume that such is off duty or far outside his bailywick as in .... plumb out of his home state and jurisdiction. I do not see it happening with the current crop that work with / near me as they are a really squared away bunch and not apt to put me in such a position, nor I them.)
              Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 06-07-2007, 02:05 PM.
              "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Most of the time I think it is plenty safe to go 13mph over the limit, so I would not be pulling over very many people for 13mph. In a residential neighborhood with narrow streets or in a school zone would be a different story.

If I did decide to pull them over for that speed it would be because I thought they were driving too dangerously and I would give them a ticket regardless of their occupation.

Comment

I don't tag Joe Citizen for 13 over, so why would I tag a LEO?
                  The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Open hwy or wide open street I usually don't cite anybody until 15 over. 10 in a residential or narrow/blind areas. But taking all things in to consideration I give far more breaks than cites anyway. As long as they don't have a terrible driver's history or bad attitude civies get a break. I take into consideration an officer's EVOC training as one of the reasons I give my fellow LEO's a break. If they have a bad attitude I'd rather deal with that through his agencies W.C.
                    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Where is the option for "Doesn't appear to think infraction is serious and is likely to violate again."?
                      -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

I write a ticket based on my feelings, given the circumstances, of whether the act of doing so will help or hurt a situation. If it hurts the situation such as taking food off the table of a family, etc. then I won't. Additionally, I write them, such as in cases of not having insurance, not as a punishment but as a documentation that this person has no insurance and is a financial danger to others on the roadway. If the violation is tossed out in court I don't really care. I did my part.

Would I ticket a cop? Sure, why not. Maybe not one I work with simply for the fact that some people are trivial and may not offer assistance (back up) for the fact, but I wouldn't feel any worse about it. I equate this to the cop that runs stop signs, redlights, etc. simply because he/she is the police and no one can do anything about it. If you're responding in an emergency or even urgent fashion then I don't have a problem. However, I find it ironic that many cops will ticket someone for offenses that they themselves do often regularly.

Comment

LOL

I should add that I wouldn't write anyone on Earth a citation for traveling 13 mph over the posted speed limit.

Comment

No, officer or not....

I wouldn't even pull a person over for 13 mph over....
                            "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

NO! NO! NOT THIS THREAD AGAIN. I JUST GOT THE LAST ONE OUT OF MY HEAD!
                              "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6221 users online. 314 members and 5907 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X