300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full moons

Do you think that it's a busier shift when it's a full moon?
    I certainly find that it is.
    One particular force are actually putting more patrols out when it is a full moon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...nt/6723911.stm

Of course it's busier. It's like daylight in the mountains and people can run up and down those shiny trails like it's 12 noon! Then again, our night vision works much much better too...

Sorry, I know that's not what you meant but it is very true in my neck of the woods
    "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Honestly, I've never noticed, it's always busy here.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

As I recall, they did studies on this and found there is no correlation in a rise of the total crime rate and a full moon. I might be wrong, but I'm sure a google would answer your question.

There are certain people who apparently are affected by a full moon, but not enough to influence the statistics, apparently.

I have trouble sleeping during a full moon, some of the time. Plus, my beard grows real quickly and my hands turn into claws, and I black out for a couple of days. Once, I woke up with a dog in my bed. But, other than that, everything seems to be cool.
        "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Here it does "seem busier," but we are slammed all the time anyway. Strange calls do come out though.
          Space for rent .........

Comment

I've seen it get suddenly busier with and without full moons in all areas of public service (LE, EMS, FD), and I know it gets busier at the first of the month when the ghetto people get their checks (because they go get drunk and high).

The thinking behind why full moons effect people's behavior is that the gravitational pull of the moon (when it's more exposed) causes a shift in inner ear fluid.

Comment

"Once, I woke up with a dog in my bed."

Was he smiling?

=P
              Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

In my personal experience when a real cluster happens 80% of the time there is a full moon. I don't know if it is just a coincidence but I’m always more vigilant on them nights with a full moon.
                Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle. - Gordon Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Voirdire View Post
                  "Once, I woke up with a dog in my bed."

Was he smiling?

=P

No, she was smoking a cigaret.
                  "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

I know that our records department marks full moons on the station calendars, but I've never tried to find any correlation. I guess I believe in it in a generic kind of way for now.
                    "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

Nope. Never noticed a thing.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6345 users online. 350 members and 5995 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X