300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix series " The Night Stalker"

The four part series came out today on Netflix...Its a outstanding 4 hour series with much information that was never released before..I know both LASD homicide detectives in the series having spent my career with LASD
    Retired LASD

I remember watching the 1989 movie "Manhunt: Search For the Night Stalker".
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Thanks Ret. putting it on my BOL list.

Comment

Burning my way through it at the moment. The two lead officers are hugely impressive. Also highlights the importance of not giving any confidential information to politicians and community leaders "just so they can feel involved". Some time ago, I had to respond to correspondence about an investigation from a person (acting in his capacity as a Member of Parliament) who almost became Prime Minister and it was apparent his grasp of the realities of Police work was about that of a slice of orange peel.
        I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

No Darren McGavin though...

Comment

• just joe
            just joe commented
            Editing a comment
            I've got 'em all on DVD.

I lived in LA county in the 80s as a kid. I remember both a Night Stalker and a Walk-in Killer. Didn't realize until seeing this documentary they were different names for the same guy. I do remember being more concerned about the Walk-In Killer. I suppose whatever news my parents watched tended to use that name.

Comment

An update on the victim who was shot in the head but still charged after Ramirez.
            This Space For Rent

Comment

And since it seems nobody caught it the person identified as Zoey Tur is former NBC4 helicopter pilot Bob Tur, father of MSNBC anchor Katy Tur.

There were quite a few blasts from the past as far as names & faces for this former occasional viewer of LA news (one could pick up their signals in parts of north San Diego County).
              This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by 9L81 View Post
                I lived in LA county in the 80s as a kid. I remember both a Night Stalker and a Walk-in Killer. Didn't realize until seeing this documentary they were different names for the same guy. I do remember being more concerned about the Walk-In Killer. I suppose whatever news my parents watched tended to use that name.
                Growing up mostly in the Midwest, I remember the Railroad Killer being a hot topic for years, from the late 80s until maybe 2000 or so. We lived in Illinois for a little bit and one of the victims was only a few miles away from us, and that terrified me as a kid.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4765 users online. 320 members and 4445 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X