Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AOC wants to "liberate" southern states from the GOP...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOC wants to "liberate" southern states from the GOP...

Apparently she doesn't know very much about history- it was the anti-slavery Republican party that liberated the southern states from pro-slavery Democrat control- the Civil War, the Emancipation Proclamation, the 13th Amendment, the 14th Amendment, the 15th Amendment, Brown v. the Board of Education, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, yada, yada.

"AOC: Country will heal with the 'actual liberation of southern states' from GOP control | Fox News" https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc...op-control.amp

What's she trying to do- bring back slavery?
    Last edited by Aidokea; 01-13-2021, 09:29 AM.

Repeat a lie often enough and some people will believe it's true. The Republican party of today is not the same party it was before the Civil Rights movement. Which is why they're the ones defending confederate monuments and flying the confederate flag. Whether you agree with the current GOP positions or not, it's just not historically accurate to pretend that somehow modern Democrats are the ones upholding the legacy of antebellum southern culture. They're not.

Plenty of legitimate disagreements people can have over substantive policy issues...why you choose to perpetuate this fantasy is beyond me. Or, actually, I can think of one reason...

Comment

The Republican party of Civil War, and Civil Rights are not the same as Republicans of the today.

Comment

The Republican party of today is definitely not the party from the Civil War.
        Last edited by retired137; 01-13-2021, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DM206 View Post
          Repeat a lie often enough and some people will believe it's true. The Republican party of today is not the same party it was before the Civil Rights movement.
          The unintentional irony there is epic. How many times do you think you have to repeat that lie before people believe it?

Which is why they're the ones defending confederate monuments and flying the confederate flag.
          Monuments to Democrats, and the Democrat Battle Flag, are not in any way associated with the Republican party.

Whether you agree with the current GOP positions or not, it's just not historically accurate to pretend that somehow modern Democrats are the ones upholding the legacy of antebellum southern culture. They're not.
          The Democrats took up arms and went to war against the United States of America, to try to preserve slavery- there's no amount of deflecting, sugar-coating, or revisionist (fictional) history that's EVER going to change that. The whole reason the Republican party was founded, was as an anti-slavery party to combat the racism of the pro-slavery Democrat party.

As much as Democrats would like to blame Republicans for the racist atrocities actually committed by Democrats, by claiming that the parties somehow magically "switched sides", it simply never happened.

And this ain't ancient history- the Democrat presidential candidate in the 2016 election (Hitlary), referred to KKK Exalted Cyclops Robert Byrd as her "friend and mentor". KKK Grand Dragon Will Quigg openly expressed the KKK's endorsement and financial support of Hitlary in that race.

Comment

• DM206
            DM206 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your old history is correct, your recent history is laughable. And the problem is it only makes you look worse. It forces anyone with a basic understanding of the facts to have to bring up Nixon, George Wallace, Strom Thurmond...

Who did the actual KKK* endorse in 2016 and 2020? Who did David Duke endorse? Who is defending confederate statues and flags, and who is tearing them down? Who vetoed military funding in defense of honoring confederate generals? Who brought the confederate flag into the Capitol just last week? And what other flags did they bring with them?

I'm not even trying to make an argument for or against either party, but these are just the plain facts. You can absolutely be a republican and support civil rights and be against honoring the confederacy and all of that, but it's false to say that EITHER party holds the same positions they did 40 years ago, much less 150 years ago.

*I say "actual KKK" because Robert Byrd was reformed and was actually recognized by the NAACP for working on civil rights issues, and Quigg is just a nutcase.

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            What are you claiming about Nixon?

George Wallace? He was a Democrat. Asa Earl Carter, leader of a KKK splinter faction, wrote his infamous "Segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" speech.

And Robert Byrd's outward "reformation" was because his actual role with the KKK became a liability when it came to harvesting black votes. His relationship with the NAACP was for political reasons, as the NAACP was even more opposed to a Democrat rival of his than they were to Wallace.

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
          These aren't my pants!
          Well, you chose to put them on.

Own the racism of the Democrat master you blindly choose to pick votes for...
          Last edited by Aidokea; 01-13-2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
            scotty_appleton814 commented
            Editing a comment
            Please reference the post that you just quoted, because it was not on this thread.

• CCCSD
            CCCSD commented
            Editing a comment
            You said it, doesn’t need to be in this post. Your Clownshoes activity catches up.

• scotty_appleton814
            scotty_appleton814 commented
            Editing a comment
            CCC, Here is your shinebox. Now go away.

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Well, you chose to put them on.

Own the racism of the Democrat master you blindly choose to pick votes for...
          Folks, what we have here is the textbook definition of the word "obfuscate".
          Last edited by retired137; 01-13-2021, 03:24 PM.

Comment

So the Black Lives Matter movement is supported by Republicans then? Gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
                No.

Because black lives don't actually matter to the BLM organization- only black deaths do.

And even then, black deaths don't matter to BLM unless they occur during an adverse encounter with the police that fits the narrative they want to push.
                Last edited by Aidokea; Yesterday, 12:13 PM.

Comment

The GOP is the political party of choice for blacks. Just ask former House Speaker Paul Ryan.

This Space For Rent

Comment

• DM206
                    DM206 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Government by and for the people, right there. Just not ALL the people.

• Aidokea
                    Aidokea commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Inuendos aren't going to cut it here- if you have something against Paul Ryan, then just come out and say what it is...

• retired137
                    retired137 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I just can't quite figure out the optics here. I know there is something i'm supposed to locate or something is lacking, I'm just not quite sure what it is. LOL
                    Last edited by retired137; Yesterday, 09:55 PM.

• DM206
                    DM206 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll come out and say it. The dude listens to Papa Roach. Unforgiveable.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3899 users online. 212 members and 3687 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X