300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tazer time....

Chief has me signed up to get certified for Tazer......how bad is this gonna suck!!!

He told me I could ride the buffalo for 5 or take the 3 sec. deal.......I'm leaning highly towards the 3sec dealio!!

Either way, it hurts like hell. Good luck and go to the bathroom beforehand. I was told a Sgt. who I used to work with ignored this advice and, well, you understand...

Comment

Taser

I highly suggest you take the full five second buffalo dealio
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

In for a penny, in for pound. Might as well take the full ride. Its only two seconds longer. Of course those two seconds will seem to take about two years to go by....
        Originally posted by kontemplerande
        Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Take the full ride....and remember it's gonna hurt real real bad.

Comment

Take the full ride. It's not THAT bad. I'd rather get TASERd than pepper sprayed any day...it only lasts five seconds, and afterward you feel better.
            "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

I'm a certified instructor through Taser international and have taken 3 full rides and everyone of them sucked. I do recommend taking the full ride so if you're ever called into court on use of force you can articulate the effects first hand.
              "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

The 5 second ride doesn't hurt that bad. Take it, live a little.
                Marine Infantry - Taking out the trash one country at a time.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are."

"Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

Comment

Originally posted by MarineGrunt View Post
                  The 5 second ride doesn't hurt that bad. Take it, live a little.
                  It doesn't hurt that good! lol
                  "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

I'd take the three seconds, but it's not all that bad. The time will seem like longer than it really is, but once the taser shuts off it doesn't hurt anymore. In fact, it's not just entirely painful. The reason I wanted it to stop more than anything is because it felt so weird. Yes, it hurt, however, it did not hurt as much as you anticipate it to.

Comment

Bet you won't do 10!
                      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I'm a TASER instructor as well. Women generally take the full ride more than men do. I don't know if it's because women have a higher pain tolerance, or because they want to show they can take it. I only know they do it, and feel great that men wimp out with three.

But that's been my experience. In my office, even most of the secretaries took the ride...not all for the 5, but enough to qualify them to use one against someone exhibiting tacky behavior.

Women generally have less muscle than men, which also makes it easier, as the electricity has less distance to travel. Skinny males also show more resistance to the TASER than bigger males.
                        "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gene L View Post
                          Women generally take the full ride more than men do. I don't know if it's because women have a higher pain tolerance, or because they want to show they can take it. I only know they do it, and feel great that men wimp out with three.
                          I bet I'd get banned if I said what I really thought here

They also say we handle the OC better...dunno why...
                          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene L View Post
                            I'm a TASER instructor as well. Women generally take the full ride more than men do. I don't know if it's because women have a higher pain tolerance, or because they want to show they can take it. I only know they do it, and feel great that men wimp out with three.

But that's been my experience. In my office, even most of the secretaries took the ride...not all for the 5, but enough to qualify them to use one against someone exhibiting tacky behavior.

Women generally have less muscle than men, which also makes it easier, as the electricity has less distance to travel. Skinny males also show more resistance to the TASER than bigger males.
                            I don't believe that it is because they have a higher pain tolerance - remember, they are choosing to BEFORE the ride.

It is because they want to show they can take it. Remember, this still is a heavily dominated by men type of job. That is just how it is. From my experience, the older male "candidates" are typically the ones who opt out of the ride. I guess, they feel they have less to prove than the rest.
                            Space for rent .........

Comment

I have heard more complaints of females not jumping into a fight tohelp out then men. Does that mean anything? Not for me, I have not witnessed it myself - the females I work with get their hands dirty.
                              Space for rent .........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6274 users online. 323 members and 5951 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X