X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Mike Anyone?

Needs no explanation.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

I’m curious to see if he gets fired for this. I don’t know how he would be able to go into work as he’ll certainly never live this down.
    Last edited by COMoparfan392; 12-26-2020, 09:01 PM.
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

• Iowa #1603
      Iowa #1603 commented
      Editing a comment
      An LASD deputy I know said she is STILL employed.........for now

• COMoparfan392
      COMoparfan392 commented
      Editing a comment
      Apparently the deputy was a him...or transitioning? This just got weirder...
      Last edited by COMoparfan392; 12-28-2020, 12:26 PM.

She sounded like she was in pain. Should have sent backup...
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I remember a few painful hot mike situations where someone is bashing the on-duty supervisor or just talking crap.

Those times where everyone on shift has to turn their radios up all the way to hear everything. Then you start to hear text message dings in the background or a phone ringing from someone trying to warn the individual they are live broadcasting to the world (it's usually gotten quite juicy and/or hilarious at this point)... followed by the loudest sounds ever to come from that dang speaker when dispatch starts yelling "HOTMIKE!"

Fun times. It sure cuts through the roadside report-writing monotony on night shift, after all the hooligans have either gone to either jail or bed. I gained a few years on my life laughing at stuff like that. These same officers loved to set up their vehicles to where the hand mike is right next to the spot that they rest their knee on the console. Some issues tend to be self-correcting or self-deprecating if not corrected.
      US Army Veteran
      The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

Wasn't a she.......
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• L-1
          L-1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was wondering about that. I thought it was a male as well.

Transitioning is the rumor, occured infront of the Bates Motel on the back lot
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Transitioning? Woah, that's going to make for some interesting locker room talk. So, which one did the feminine voice belong to?
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            The tranny...

It's mic as in microphone BTW. And why does every place try that when there is an open mic? The offending party can't hear it.

Best to just start texting or calling everyone to warn them. Though with some digital radio systems it is possible to disable the radio that's keyed up.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
            scotty_appleton814 commented
            Editing a comment
            We are digital and such. We have 2 radios that are programmed to overrule every other radio when needed and would turn off the open Mike so they can receive the signal. Now what happens when the super radios try to work on each other, I don't know.

• westside popo
            westside popo commented
            Editing a comment
            I've seen some analog radios that had a feature, if programmed that could disable the radio too. But the radio would have to be taken in to get reprogrammed for it to work again. It wouldn't do any good in this scenario of a open mic situation.
            Last edited by westside popo; 01-02-2021, 06:39 AM.

• westside popo
            westside popo commented
            Editing a comment
            One place I was at, the hand held radios (P25 trunking system) could over ride the dispatchers talking. Other wise the system would give you a long busy tone if you tried to key up when some else was talking.

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
          iand why does every place try that when there is an open mic? The offending party can't hear it.

exactly

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Double post....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4000 users online. 227 members and 3773 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X